Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Read RED text in post #1.
Well dunno what I have to supply if you mean the troubleshooting files...
In post #1340 I told that I use the config.plist from the HD4400:4600 1600x900 folder out of the config.zip and am using the supplied clover.zip from Dropbox.
I don't have the install.log, since I got no installation, let alone an AppleHDAIDT.kext

Sorry, I could provide you all in a zip file, but I don't see the benefit since it is all the default :shifty:

I can do that, but how am I supposed to replace the one loaded if I can't get into OS X?

Boot using your USB with Clover on it (the one you used to install). Or fix it in Windows. Or fix it in Linux. Etc.

Well dunno what I have to supply if you mean the troubleshooting files...
In post #1340 I told that I use the config.plist from the HD4400:4600 1600x900 folder out of the config.zip and am using the supplied clover.zip from Dropbox.
I don't have the install.log, since I got no installation, let alone an AppleHDAIDT.kext

Sorry, I could provide you all in a zip file, but I don't see the benefit since it is all the default :shifty:

You have an EFI folder on your USB.

Boot using your USB with Clover on it (the one you used to install). Or fix it in Windows. Or fix it in Linux. Etc.

I got TransMac on Windows, but the EFI partition doesn't show up, only my main Macintosh HD shows, kinda like how you have to mount it in OS X first before you can edit the config.plist file I guess. Any more clues on how I can mount the EFI partition now? :( oh and btw I tried to add my signature but I don't think it's working..

EDIT: oh and just kinda leaving this here, if anyone can provide me a vanilla AppleRTC kext, I'd appreciate it.. patched mine on my Desktop and instead of fixing CMOS, I broke it..

Looks ok. Make sure you give the installer plenty of time to start. It is not quick.
I left it running for like 15 minutes... still nothing
When I ran the Mavericks installer it was quite fast on screen (using same EFI folder)

I left it running for like 15 minutes... still nothing
When I ran the Mavericks installer it was quite fast on screen (using same EFI folder)

The Mavericks installer boots faster than Yosemite installer.

But 15 mins is too long...

Try different USB sticks, different USB port.

The Mavericks installer boots faster than Yosemite installer.

But 15 mins is too long...

Try different USB sticks, different USB port.
I used the usb disk where Mavericks was on ... since that one worked ... and it works :D
It went a lot faster, still the same error messages like the photo I posted earlier, but it flew past it now...

Now I got to the same point as with the Mavericks test ... I got nothing to install on.
It doesn't see the raid config (sata with m-sata sdd cache) apparently... anything known by that?
I searched quite a bit ... but couldn't really find a clear answer.

Back