Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

ProBook Installer CE.

Probably due to selecting incorrect options in the ProBook Installer...

I used PBI CE more and more times, in effect always using the same options, but they are the ones recommended here, the only choice by my side was the HP laptop and the display resolution :banghead:

If I'll restart, I will do the same choices... any idea?

I used PBI CE more and more times, in effect always using the same options, but they are the ones recommended here, the only choice by my side was the HP laptop and the display resolution :banghead:

If I'll restart, I will do the same choices... any idea?

No idea...

1) Your profile is not complete, so we don't know what hardware you have...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

2) You have not mentioned the specific settings you're choosing.

No idea...

1) Your profile is not complete, so we don't know what hardware you have...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

2) You have not mentioned the specific settings you're choosing.

1. done, thanks for reminder
  2. these are the settings of PBI CE I choosed:
    - CLOVER UEFI
    - OSX SUpport kext > Business Model > 6x0/8x0 G1/ZBook
    - Config and DSDT patcher > HP Laptop > Business Model > 6x0/8x0 G1/ZBook
    - Display type > Low resolution
    - SSDT generator
    - Misc OS X fixes > Elitebook Logos & Color profiles
    - Extra Tools: all
I made a fresh install right now for the thisrd time, with these options, but when booting from hdd clover it is stuck on the apple logo. When booting from usb clover, it loads the mac osx, but audio still does not work, even after more and more times repairing permission, rebuilding cache and restarting....

1. done, thanks for reminder
  2. these are the settings of PBI CE I choosed:
    - CLOVER UEFI
    - OSX SUpport kext > Business Model > 6x0/8x0 G1/ZBook
    - Config and DSDT patcher > HP Laptop > Business Model > 6x0/8x0 G1/ZBook
    - Display type > Low resolution
    - SSDT generator
    - Misc OS X fixes > Elitebook Logos & Color profiles
    - Extra Tools: all
I made a fresh install right now for the thisrd time, with these options, but when booting from hdd clover it is stuck on the apple logo. When booting from usb clover, it loads the mac osx, but audio still does not work, even after more and more times repairing permission, rebuilding cache and restarting....

Post troubleshooting files. Also, boot verbose and provide quality photo of entire screen when it stops.

Post troubleshooting files. Also, boot verbose and provide quality photo of entire screen when it stops.

Done. Thanks a lot for your support!

Attachments

• archive.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 96
Done. Thanks a lot for your support!

You machine is nothing like a G1 (it appears HP has a different naming scheme for the Revolve), which is assumed to be Haswell. No expectation that a config.plist for a Haswell machine will work on Ivy...

You could try using the G0 selection instead...

Hi all,
I tried yesterday to edit a post of mine about the Yosemite in HP EliteBook 2560p (i7) but the post was lost "Somewhere in Time".
The thing is that i wanted to say to the forum that the Yosemite 10.10.1 with the new Probook Clover Installer and with the instructions from the first post are working 100%.
JUST FOLLOW THE 1st POST to the letter !!
I also manage to make dual booting with OS X & Windows 8.

The thing is that I wanted to say a big " Thank You" to the guys of the forum for their help.

:clap::clap::clap:

You machine is nothing like a G1 (it appears HP has a different naming scheme for the Revolve), which is assumed to be Haswell. No expectation that a config.plist for a Haswell machine will work on Ivy...

You could try using the G0 selection instead...

My laptop is exactly this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834256922
it is Ivy Bridge 100%.
I tried also to install as any other model listed under the standard or business models... but no way :(

Untitled-1.jpgP_20141121_162144.jpg

For 4230s with this wrong graphic display when install new PBI-CE package. At Clover Boot screen, choose Options, remove all Graphic Inject, when you got log-in, change config.plist in Clover folder(EFI mount). It's working for me :)

It does not appear you followed the guide in post #1 (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is incorrect version).

You also have a lot of 3rd party system software installed (Boom, Avatron AVExGFX). Do a clean install according to the guide.

Hi,

I did a fresh install following the guide closely. Originally I missed pressing F4 after the first boot at the Clover bootloader screen, however this time around I pressed F4, then enter on Yosemite icon, there was a delay then it booted into the installation. I then ran PBI CE selecting 4x0 G0.

Unfortunately I am still having the issue of shutdown even though the battery meter is around the 20% to 30% mark.

Thanks

Back