Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Because you made mistakes at step 2b.
Ok, I'm redo-ing step 2b now.

- Go to System/Installation of USB and delete the alias “Packages” [***NOT FOUND***], then go to “OS X Install ESD” partition, copy the “Packages” to the folder System/Installation of your USB [***What is this? Is this "MacUSB" i.e. "OS X Base System" on my USB drive?***]
- Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to OS X Base System (on your USB) [***Is this the same destination as above? That is MacUSB? ***]

I fixed it. I misread the instructions. I should have:

Copied Packages/* to /Volumes/MacUSB/System/Installation/.

I thought "System/Installation" means "System or Installation".

Hi,

I used Unibeast, should I start at step 13? Thanks.

Couldn't get a pic when it stopped because it went to a blank black screen after but this is what i could get.

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor.

Tried and tried again a few times and randomly worked once.

Was able to install and set up perfectly. Right now im just updating to 10.01 and finishing putting back my old software.

Thanks for your help though.

Installation fails at Essentials.pkg! :(

attachment.php

I tried on two different thumbdrives yet both produce the same error. I tried to copy Essentials.pkg from both thumbdrives and both were able to copy without errors. What is wrong?

I am trying to install Yosemite on my HP ProBook 4540S with a new Intel 530 SSD hard disk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I read from the other threads that removing as many hardware may work so I gave it a try:

Removed 1 x 2GB RAM; left with 1 x 2GB to install Yosemite
Removed WiFi Half Mini Card

As there is nothing more for me to remove, I tried installation again... and amazingly... it worked!!! :D

Attachments

• IMAG5349.jpg
    IMAG5349.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it is a bug in the ProBook Installer, or the selections you made in the ProBook Installer (there were far too many runs of the ProBook Installer in that log for me to look at). You should do a fresh install, and run the ProBook Installer *once* with the correct selections for your hardware...
Done.

Please see the attached files.

I dont know how to include the code you referred me to into the config.plist. Please help me do this and upload.

EDITED: I was able to include this code in the config.plist: <dict> <key>Comment</key>
<string>QECI HD4600 (GT2 Mobile to Desktop)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>PYaAEgR0EOtd</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelHD5000Graphics</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>PYaAFgR0EOtd</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>QECI HD4600 Azul (GT2 Mobile to Desktop)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>PYaAEgQ=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>PYaAFgQ=</data>
</dict>

It rectified the screen glitches. The resolution became perfect but resulted in malfunction of Photo Booth, HDMI (freezes the system then restarts it) and Camera in the User & Group.

When i removed the above code, everything was ok except the screen glitches.

I hope I'll not experience this problem if I install through Unibeast and Multibeast.

I'll have to downgrade back to Mavericks using Unibeast which works better for me until a lasting solution is being provided.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• HardSoft_install.log.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 61
  • HardSoft_CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 83
  • HardSoft_AppleHDAIDT.kext.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 70
Done.

Please see the attached files.

I dont know how to include the code you referred me to into the config.plist. Please help me do this and upload.

EDITED: I was able to include this code in the config.plist: <dict> <key>Comment</key>
<string>QECI HD4600 (GT2 Mobile to Desktop)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>PYaAEgR0EOtd</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelHD5000Graphics</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>PYaAFgR0EOtd</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>QECI HD4600 Azul (GT2 Mobile to Desktop)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>PYaAEgQ=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>PYaAFgQ=</data>
</dict>

It rectified the screen glitches. The resolution became perfect but resulted in malfunction of Photo Booth, HDMI (freezes the system then restarts it) and Camera in the User & Group.

When i removed the above code, everything was ok except the screen glitches.

Did you patch for OpenCL?

I hope I'll not experience this problem if I install through Unibeast and Multibeast.

We do not use Multibeast on the ProBook/EliteBook...

Hello.
Thanks for all the support and help rehabman and all people:thumbup:

My question is about i massage.
I got a real macbook air serial and i make a call to apple to activate mij i massage.
they sign me in .

but i cannot loggin:banghead:.

i got hp probook 4740s.

wat to do?

Back