Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

After changing it to the Mini-SSDT.aml regular file, it appears to work but this is not the first time I tried this combo. Before, I tried this combo, I had a white rectangle in the upper left part of the screen and I excluded some boot parameters such as -f, npci=0x2000, graphicsenabler=yes.

So in conclusion, I finally manage to get it to work using Mini-SSDT.aml file and renaming it to ssdt.aml, using the config.plist file for my HD3000 1366x768 laptop (and changing from true to false for Graphics/Inject/Intel).

For the boot parameters, I had "dart=0 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

I also tried a different USB hub but it may or may not have made an impact, but I'll have to try out later. Anyway, thanks for your help Rehabman! It feels good to finally get this working after a few days :thumbup:

After changing it to the Mini-SSDT.aml regular file, it appears to work but this is not the first time I tried this combo. Before, I tried this combo, I had a white rectangle in the upper left part of the screen and I excluded some boot parameters such as -f, npci=0x2000, graphicsenabler=yes.

Keep in mind Clover does not support Chameleon/Chimera flags. GraphicsEnabler is not supported and graphicsenabler is not a kernel flag.

So in conclusion, I finally manage to get it to work using Mini-SSDT.aml file and renaming it to ssdt.aml, using the config.plist file for my HD3000 1366x768 laptop (and changing from true to false for Graphics/Inject/Intel).

Just like I reported in post #296...

For the boot parameters, I had "dart=0 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

dart=0 needed if you can't disable VT-d in BIOS. My CPU does not have VT-d, so not a concern for me.
-v just for verbose...
-f probably does not matter, always a good idea to try it if things aren't working
npci=0x2000... I've never figured out what this does, what the default is, or when it should be used. I didn't use it.
GraphicsEnabler=Yes... does nothing as it is not a flag recognized by the kernel or any kernel extensions

I also tried a different USB hub but it may or may not have made an impact, but I'll have to try out later. Anyway, thanks for your help Rehabman! It feels good to finally get this working after a few days :thumbup:

Yay!

Let's just hope that it stays working this way. Going to try to multiboot with Win 7 and Yosemite, though I'm not sure what is a good guide when using the Clover bootloader. I mean there is this guide for charmelon/Chimera but not sure about clover (http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html)

So I was wondering if any of you guys know a good guide or maybe the method is similar to this guide.

I want to install Windows 7 and Yosemite to a single SSD (840 EVO 250GB), I will probably do a 64-96GB partition for Yosemite and the rest to Windows. Since I am doinng a fresh install, is it easier to install windows and then Yosemite (similar to what the guide says for multibooting on a single drive)?

So far, what I have in mind is to first use disk utility in the mac os x installer to prepare 2 partitions (basically follow the guide as mentioned in the beginning) and then from there, install windows on one partition and once I finalize changes on that, I proceed to install mac os x yosemite on the other partition and then install the clover bootloader over the windows bootloader. Will that be possible or the better question is, what is the easier route?

thanks for your help

edit: actually, let me try the guide on the first post (forgot that was there :p) , thanks

2nd edit: nevermind, it's probably for separate disks and not on a single disk.

First thanks for the guide, feedback and support you have been providing to the community.

I have successfully installed Yosemite on my 4530s with Clover UEFI but now I am troubled with windows 8.1 UEFI. I have a GPT formatted drive with 2 partitions, both HFS+. I am following the guide to install win 8.1 and at the win installer I am not able to format the HFS+ partition as NTFS, have to remove the partition and create a new one, thing is that also creates a MSR reserved 138 mb partition. Despite of this after this I could edit the bootmgfw.efi file and I am able to boot both OS from Clover.

Bottomline, is this the normal procedure? Can I safely delete that MSR partition? Did I installed correctly? Are both system installed as UEFI?

Thanks!

First thanks for the guide, feedback and support you have been providing to the community.

I have successfully installed Yosemite on my 4530s with Clover UEFI but now I am troubled with windows 8.1 UEFI. I have a GPT formatted drive with 2 partitions, both HFS+. I am following the guide to install win 8.1 and at the win installer I am not able to format the HFS+ partition as NTFS, have to remove the partition and create a new one, thing is that also creates a MSR reserved 138 mb partition. Despite of this after this I could edit the bootmgfw.efi file and I am able to boot both OS from Clover.

Bottomline, is this the normal procedure? Can I safely delete that MSR partition? Did I installed correctly? Are both system installed as UEFI?

Thanks!

Unlike a hybrid GPT/MBR scheme, with GPT we can edit the partition table from either Windows or OS X with impunity as long as we don't create something one of them doesn't deal with well.

The MSR partition is one of those things that OS X doesn't handle correctly, so you just delete it. The MSR partition is only a placeholder for using certain disk management techniques (I think "Storage Spaces" but I'm not certain) in Windows. You probably don't have any plans to use those on a laptop, so it really isn't necessary.

Maybe someday bootcamp will support UEFI mode for Windows and then Apple would need to deal properly with the MSR partition....

Unlike a hybrid GPT/MBR scheme, with GPT we can edit the partition table from either Windows or OS X with impunity as long as we don't create something one of them doesn't deal with well.

The MSR partition is one of those things that OS X doesn't handle correctly, so you just delete it. The MSR partition is only a placeholder for using certain disk management techniques (I think "Storage Spaces" but I'm not certain) in Windows. You probably don't have any plans to use those on a laptop, so it really isn't necessary.

Maybe someday bootcamp will support UEFI mode for Windows and then Apple would need to deal properly with the MSR partition....

Brilliant, thanks! Maybe this can be added to the guide, so everybody is aware this is normal.

Brilliant, thanks! Maybe this can be added to the guide, so everybody is aware this is normal.

It varies. Everytime I've tried it, I was able to format the HFS+J to NTFS without issue. I think it may depend on how you create your Windows USB installer and perhaps even what edition the ISO is for.

Thanks!

It's normal, I have to this all the time. No problem so far

So Im nearing the end of step 6 and the installer has been saying "about a second remaining" for at least 30 minutes to an hour now, is that a good thing or a bad thing..? I still see my USB flash drive flashing though so I'm guessing it's still "extracing those files" but does it really take this long?:eek:

Update: Well after a long while, it finally gives me a pop up stating the following...

"This copy of the Install OS X Yosemite application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading."

Is that normal since this is a hackintosh right? I think so unless I messed up somewhere or it messed up downloading it which does happen once in awhile unless Apple does a CRC error checking after it finishes downloading the installer... hmm

Edit: nevermind about it possibly being normal, it looks like it didn't even install at all...

Update 2: Well, I guess I'll have to try redownloading Yosemite again, let's just hope that this issue isn't more than just a bad download.

Back