Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

There may be issues with the USB kext (Zenith432 has stated he has no time for it). You should post ioreg for verification that you have the correct driver installed. I don't have USB3 on my 4530s (a blessing really), but I did do some testing of this kext on my desktop (also NEC Renasas).
here the ioreg, i used pbi ce 6.12.2.2 for kext and dsdt

Attachments

• valkyr-z.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
here the ioreg, i used pbi ce 6.12.2.2 for kext and dsdt

The correct kext is loaded. Sorry, I do not know what is wrong. Clearly, the code has some issues on Yosemite.

The correct kext is loaded. Sorry, I do not know what is wrong. Clearly, the code has some issues on Yosemite.
No problem, we always have to remember that we are not on real mac, so some issues is normal.

I looked at that EFI config. It is how I was able to boot the installer.

Be patient. It is not quick.

How long did you have to wait?

I have the same issue, and I seem to be able to get to the installer randomly - I got there 3 times out of ~50 attempts, but during the successful attempts, the spinning wheel never showed up and I got into the installer quite fast, in 3 minutes tops.
During the unsuccessful attempts, though, I can let the laptop sit booting for an hour and nothing happens.
I can't seem to find a pattern for when it works and when it doesn't, and I tried almost everything - lots of different Clover configs, including the one you suggest, creating the installer USB with unibeast (that worked once, but I couldn't boot the same USB without any changes later), EC resets, different USB drives (USB 2.0 or 3.0), different USB ports, various BIOS settings, changing RAM modules, safe mode booting and so on, and nothing works.

How long did you have to wait?

I have the same issue, and I seem to be able to get to the installer randomly - I got there 3 times out of ~50 attempts, but during the successful attempts, the spinning wheel never showed up and I got into the installer quite fast, in 3 minutes tops.
During the unsuccessful attempts, though, I can let the laptop sit booting for an hour and nothing happens.
I can't seem to find a pattern for when it works and when it doesn't, and I tried almost everything - lots of different Clover configs, including the one you suggest, creating the installer USB with unibeast (that worked once, but I couldn't boot the same USB without any changes later), EC resets, different USB drives (USB 2.0 or 3.0), different USB ports, various BIOS settings, changing RAM modules, safe mode booting and so on, and nothing works.

I would not consider 3 minutes fast for booting an installer, but... yeah, probably somewhere in that timeframe.

Getting it to work was the right combination of USB stick, USB port, config.plist (no Inject/Intel), and Mini-SSDT. Once I got it to work, it was consistent.

Keep in mind I don't have USB3, so the GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not in play.

It is best not to guess as to which config.plist/ssdt you should be using and use the one that is correct for your hardware. It takes some possibilities out of the equation.

You probably need to provide your files and some photos as to what is going on.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. So here is my EFI files I used. The only changes to that folder in comparison to the one provided by nguyenmac is that it has the already included config.plist and the ssdt.aml.

For the config.plist (which is from the HD3000 1366x768 folder), I went into the file and changed from true to false for Graphics/Inject/Intel.

I also went to your GitHub and downloaded the Mini-SSDT dual Link aml file and renamed it to ssdt.aml and placed it in the EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched folder. Somehow when I looked at my flash drive, there is a ._ssdt.aml file in there now for some reason I do not know.

Now for pictures, I didn't really take any pictures this time though what happens is that I try booting with the dart=0 and -v boot parameter along with the other parameter that is normally in there (kext-dev-mode=1) and it loads and I do not see that indefinite loop error anymore. Actually, it does show the error about bluetooth something but does not loop so I guess that is an improvement. Eventually after loading, my HDMI monitor which is hooked up will turn white (before, it receives no signal when the computer is booting and showing the lines of output from verbose mode). It turns all white and then it will turn gray. No cursor shows however and my laptop doesn't seem to respond.

I will try to get a picture of the last few lines from verbose mode right before the hdmi monitor receives a signal.

I wish there was an option where you could just save the whole output to a log file instead of getting a video camera or taking pictures to get the output. I know you can do it with a preboot log or something but not sure if that is relevant.

Also, I tried other boot paramters such as -f -npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes but no luck...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 99
Hey, sorry for the late reply. So here is my EFI files I used. The only changes to that folder in comparison to the one provided by nguyenmac is that it has the already included config.plist and the ssdt.aml.

For the config.plist (which is from the HD3000 1366x768 folder), I went into the file and changed from true to false for Graphics/Inject/Intel.

I also went to your GitHub and downloaded the Mini-SSDT dual Link aml file and renamed it to ssdt.aml and placed it in the EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched folder. Somehow when I looked at my flash drive, there is a ._ssdt.aml file in there now for some reason I do not know.

Now for pictures, I didn't really take any pictures this time though what happens is that I try booting with the dart=0 and -v boot parameter along with the other parameter that is normally in there (kext-dev-mode=1) and it loads and I do not see that indefinite loop error anymore. Actually, it does show the error about bluetooth something but does not loop so I guess that is an improvement. Eventually after loading, my HDMI monitor which is hooked up will turn white (before, it receives no signal when the computer is booting and showing the lines of output from verbose mode). It turns all white and then it will turn gray. No cursor shows however and my laptop doesn't seem to respond.

I will try to get a picture of the last few lines from verbose mode right before the hdmi monitor receives a signal.

I wish there was an option where you could just save the whole output to a log file instead of getting a video camera or taking pictures to get the output. I know you can do it with a preboot log or something but not sure if that is relevant.

Also, I tried other boot paramters such as -f -npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes but no luck...

Why are you using Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml if your display is 1366x768?

I wasn't sure if you would need to use it when also using a HDMI monitor with 1920x1080 resolution but now I'm guessing not.

I wasn't sure if you would need to use it when also using a HDMI monitor with 1920x1080 resolution but now I'm guessing not.

Definitely not. Dual-link graphics inject has only to do with the internal LVDS display.

Back