Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hmm,

I'm just a little bit confused. Do you mean that HD3000 may be causing the issue even though the verbose boot keeps mentioning about Bluetooth?

Verbose output having to do with bluetooth will not keep your computer from booting.

Well anyway, while looking, I was kind of trying to figure out which post was your notes on the HD3000.

First was #296.

Hi all,

I have a 840 G1 and read both Mavericks and this forum's posts. My problem is i was able to create a USB and able to boot. While loading it's giving error sign (a circle with a / filled). I've tested both Mavericks and Yosemite results are same. I've factory reset all settings and
My DEP is enabled,
I've used correct version of config.plist copied from HD4400:4600 folder.
I've tested with both with and without CSM.
What else should i check ?

Thanks for your help,

Hi all,

I have a 840 G1 and read both Mavericks and this forum's posts. My problem is i was able to create a USB and able to boot. While loading it's giving error sign (a circle with a / filled). I've tested both Mavericks and Yosemite results are same. I've factory reset all settings and
My DEP is enabled,
I've used correct version of config.plist copied from HD4400:4600 folder.
I've tested with both with and without CSM.
What else should i check ?

Thanks for your help,

Boot verbose to troubleshoot.

I have had a working Mavericks system (9470M) for 10 months...decided to go through a fresh install using this guide. It appears that just about everything is working except my Wifi/Bluetooth card (bcm943225hmb). When I boot up I see it in the Network Settings, but it is turned off. Any attempt to turn it on does nothing. It continues to be in a state of red. Bluetooth is also presenting some troubles...appears to be on, but I am not seeing anything when I search for devices nearby.

Any suggestions here?

Steven

I have had a working Mavericks system (9470M) for 10 months...decided to go through a fresh install using this guide. It appears that just about everything is working except my Wifi/Bluetooth card (bcm943225hmb). When I boot up I see it in the Network Settings, but it is turned off. Any attempt to turn it on does nothing. It continues to be in a state of red. Bluetooth is also presenting some troubles...appears to be on, but I am not seeing anything when I search for devices nearby.

Any suggestions here?

Steven

Post #1, "Known Issues"

Boot verbose to troubleshoot.
Thanks for the hint. Seems there was a loop of my USB, i've tried several times result was same, giving busy and trying again error. I've unplugged and plugged again was able to enter setup menu. Now installing. Many thanks

Installed great on my zbook 15 g2. I only have the problem getting graphic accelartion to work.
Original and web drivers dont detect my nvidia quadro k2100m.
Will you also make an installer for the hp zbook? Would.be great!

Post #1, "Known Issues"

I think I found the solution. I was looking back through some of my posts from earlier in the year and noticed that I had posted about LAN/WLAN switch in BIOS. It is a long story, but I had to exchange the shell from earlier 9470m to newer one due to video failing completely. I guess when I re-setup the options, I neglected to uncheck Wireless Button and LAN/WLAN Switching.

I had already restored to working Mavericks and still didn't have Wifi...After unchecking LAN/WLAN, the system boots with WiFi working well.

I am now in the process of re-doing Yosemite install...this time I am also going to try an update vs. fresh install.

Steven

My power management is not working. I installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, and when run
Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI"
, it only shows CPU P-States 12 and 24. How can I fix this? I have run the SSDT generator twice, and have made sure it is in the EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml. Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Back