Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

hey, i've got news, i thought u wanna know..

i managed to install yosemite on my 8460p and boot it via UniBeast.
this way i was able to install HP Probook Installer Clover Edition.

Now, if i boot via Clover, i get the same "locked" Screen as before.
Next i tried to access NVRAM by running Installer via Clover. This worked via Terminal, i saw the "locked" - Flag there. So i tried to delete nvram by "nvram -c" this works, but gets reseted after restart :/

any way to delete that permanently?

hey, i've got news, i thought u wanna know..

i managed to install yosemite on my 8460p and boot it via UniBeast.
this way i was able to install HP Probook Installer Clover Edition.

Now, if i boot via Clover, i get the same "locked" Screen as before.
Next i tried to access NVRAM by running Installer via Clover. This worked via Terminal, i saw the "locked" - Flag there. So i tried to delete nvram by "nvram -c" this works, but gets reseted after restart :/

any way to delete that permanently?

What if you clear CMOS by removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a while?

Hi all,

I am only want to say thank you for this guide, everything is working well on my probook. Yesterday I have changed the wifi for a BCM4352HMB, and wifi and also the BT is working fine. This chipset is supported with the intel technology widi , so wireless display is also working on WIN 8.

So one more time thank you guys...

Dear RehabMan.
im so frustrated because i already done my best to make clover works for my system i tried what you told me SSDT.aml and graphics/intel/ false and also tried the default/built in settings of clover..

Probook 4230s
coire i3 2310m
HD 3000 only 1280x800 [tried the HD3000 1366x768]

i explore the option on clover menu and experiment with (dsdt,graphics etc) ..then one time and i successfully get through in SELECT languages and success installer boot, but unfortunately i cant mimic what ive done to make a successful boot again..im stuck in spinning wheel all over again..hope you can help me to figure out whats happening...tnx and more power

Attachments

• 20141023_135140.jpg
    20141023_135140.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 20141023_135141.jpg
    20141023_135141.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20141023_135147.jpg
    20141023_135147.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 113
Hi Dear Friends '
Since I've installed Mac OS 10.10 ,Constantly error for log in Mac app store :
"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."
Installation Guide:
"15. If you can't login to iCloud/AppStore, clear network settings:
- Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete these files:

• CaptiveNetworkSuppor
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist

- Go to System Preferences > Network, delete all connection. Then restart
- Go to System Preferences > Network, add your connection again. "

I tried your solution, But with doing this =Cause failure of WiFi and And there are other problems in connecting to the internet!
What is the solution?:banghead:

Hi Dear Friends '
Since I've installed Mac OS 10.10 ,Constantly error for log in Mac app store :
"Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance."
Installation Guide:
"15. If you can't login to iCloud/AppStore, clear network settings:
- Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete these files:

• CaptiveNetworkSuppor
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist

- Go to System Preferences > Network, delete all connection. Then restart

I tried your solution, But with doing this =Cause failure of WiFi and And there are other problems in connecting to the internet!
What is the solution?:banghead:

Dear RehabMan.
im so frustrated because i already done my best to make clover works for my system i tried what you told me SSDT.aml and graphics/intel/ false and also tried the default/built in settings of clover..

Probook 4230s
coire i3 2310m
HD 3000 only 1280x800 [tried the HD3000 1366x768]

i explore the option on clover menu and experiment with (dsdt,graphics etc) ..then one time and i successfully get through in SELECT languages and success installer boot, but unfortunately i cant mimic what ive done to make a successful boot again..im stuck in spinning wheel all over again..hope you can help me to figure out whats happening...tnx and more power

I can only share what worked for me on my 4530s/HD3000/768p.

config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false
download Mini-SSDT.aml: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT.aml
copy it to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

After you install, provided you make the right selections in the ProBook Installer, you'll have a patched DSDT that does the same as the Mini-SSDT.aml mentioned above, so no use for it on your HDD EFI. My results at this stage were that the Graphics/Inject/Intel did not matter (true/false, same result). I have it set to false, as I know Clover does not inject correctly for HD3000. To me, no injection is better than wrong injection.

You should look at your Graphics/Inject/Intel setting in the config.plist on your HDD EFI partition.

Also, you should double check that you made the correct selections in the ProBook Installer.

No idea without hardware details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution
Thank you for advice. I filled my hardware in profile settings, hope it will help to solve my problem. I have blank grey screen with mouse pointer only after booting from clover.

If I havn`t stated smth necessary I attach CPU-Z report in *.txt file. Thank you.
My CPU-Z Report: View attachment CPU-Z Report.txt

I have 3 of my USB ports working, the only one NOT working is my USB 3.0 port. It doesn't acknowledge anything being plugged in.

thanks dear friend. but I've tried before,Is useless!
"Cause failure of WiFi and And there are other problems in connecting to the internet ."

This is a serious problem, An Mac os x without access to app store !

Back