Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi,

I successfully installed Yosemite with Clover Guide, I only have two issues and will need your help to fix them

When clover boots with -v IOAPIC:Version0x20 Vectors 64 87 is showing up and it takes a lot time to boot to Yosemite

Is this normal?

If not how can I speed up the whole boot process to be something like previous chameleon installs

Also I have sleep/wake issues, can anyone help me fix these

Best regards,

Tried to Instal using 2b Manual method. I get to the install screen after partitioning my SSD drive. After I select the SSD to install on, it gives me an error. Any ideas why, and how to fix please.
Thanks

Ok the problem I have is solved. Iam posting here incase anyone else does this.

Using the Manual instal method 2b. at this point

" Go to System/Installation of USB and delete the alias “Packages”, then go to “OS X Install ESD” partition, copy the “Packages” to the folder System/Installation of your USB
- Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to OS X Base System (on your USB) "

where it says " Copy BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist (hidden files) from OS X Install ESD to OS X Base System (on your USB) "

I assumed as it didn't make it clear that this would go in the same folder as previous line so added to system/installation of your usb. Infact it is just copied directly to the folder, so its just dragged onto OS X base system.

Just incase anybody else does this, I know Im dumb :(

Further to this though I do have installation problems after following the guide. The good news is USB, Sound, brightness works.

The major bad news is The installation will not boot without using usb, and going through EFI/CLOVER/EFI/BOOT/BOOT.....

If I don't do this, I get a screen that whites out till 2 black lines are visible. Can anybody help with this?

You probably did an upgrade, where the setting (apps from everywhere) was already changed by you in a previous installation.

Not exactly.. Fresh/clean new Yosemite install, I haven't changed nothing in the privacy tab options and I used PBI CE without problems..

Thank you for your time.

yeah... I don't think that configuration is going to work with respect to CPU PM/AGPM.

You'll need to do some more hacking to make that correct.

Look at /S/L/E/IOPlatformPlugInFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

You will notice there is not a plist for MacBookPro9,2. You could try copying one of the MacBookPro8,x.plist to MacBookPro9,2.plist... (then adjust the data in it to match)

yeah... I don't think that configuration is going to work with respect to CPU PM/AGPM.

You'll need to do some more hacking to make that correct.

Look at /S/L/E/IOPlatformPlugInFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

You will notice there is not a plist for MacBookPro9,2. You could try copying one of the MacBookPro8,x.plist to MacBookPro9,2.plist... (then adjust the data in it to match)

I made a copy of the MacBookPro8,1.plist and renamed the file to MacBookPro9,2.plist.
I opened the MacBookPro9,2.plist and replaced all "MacBookPro8,1" strings with "MacBookPro9,2". Kext Wizard->Re-install Kext->Reboot.

I think now it works. Please check the attached file.

Do you have any idea why the MacBookPro9,2.plist was missing? Is it because I use a SandyBridge CPU in a 7-series mobo? Now I use the MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS and I don't need the USBXHCI patch. But is it safe to use MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS on my 4540s?

Attachments

• output.zip
    1,010 bytes · Views: 81
Do you have any idea why the MacBookPro9,2.plist was missing? Is it because I use a SandyBridge CPU in a 7-series mobo? Now I use the MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS and I don't need the USBXHCI patch. But is it safe to use MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS on my 4540s?

It is missing because on a real MacBookPro9,2 Apple uses plugin-type=1 which selects X86PlatfromPlugin instead of ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin. Apple doesn't expect to have a Sandy CPU on a 7-series chipset because no Mac ships with that config. In Apple's view, you have a bit of a Frankenstein.

Not sure what you mean by "USBXHCI patch."

You'll need to test this configuration and see how it goes.

Thank you. Can't I just use MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS like I did in Mavericks? Is there any advantage in using MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS? I notice that my USB ports work without GenericUSBXHCI when using 9,2 SMBIOS, but this is the only difference I notice.

Thank you. Can't I just use MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS like I did in Mavericks? Is there any advantage in using MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS? I notice that my USB ports work without GenericUSBXHCI when using 9,2 SMBIOS, but this is the only difference I notice.

Pretty big difference. Running the USB3 ports with AppleUSBXHCI.kext is a big plus as far as USB3 goes...

Use the Clover installer, not something random you find on the internet.

i had no mac to run clover pkg. but made a virtual mac on my pc and tried it with the Clover installer.
still not working :(

Thank you. Changing the USB port helped to go further. But, maybe I'm unlucky, I still have problems. This time it is blank screen with mouse on it. Have you any idea what is wrong? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 83
Back