Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I'm going to wipe my ProBook 4430s and follow this guide to install OS X and Windows. What would be the easiest way to share an iTunes library between the two? As of now, I have a 20 GB FAT32 3rd partition with my library in it. I wasn't sure if there are better ways.

Anyone having issues with Thunderbolt 1.2 not updating or hiding use this in terminal to hide it

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

Hi,

This is my first post here on these forums and have been working with OSx86's since august of this year. I've been following these Clover/Probook/PBI forums since a couple months back, when I successfully converted my 2570HP Elitebook, to a fully working Mavericks Hackintosh (minus iMessage). Big thanks to nguyenmac , rehabman and company for the guides and support to us.

Last weekend I upgraded my fully working Mavericks Hackintosh 2570 elitebook to Yosemite. Problems encountered where No Wifi and No sound. Got those issues solved and now have fully working Yosemite on my 2570 laptop (still no iMessage, but fixed ROM and MLB per instructions on other thread on these forums and now need to give Apple a call to remove the lock)

Now to the interesting part of my Yosemite upgrade (help or opinion needed)

I have Geekbench 3.1.6 and when I had Mavericks ,was registering over 6309 on multicore 64bit.... but now on Yosemite I'm registering 5465. So I decided to do a Clean Install to find out if that could be the problem... and I did the following...

1. Did a clean install using option 2b
2. Successfully booted to Yosemite
3. First thing I did was a Geekbench test and registered a 6289 score:clap:
4. Then proceeded with step 13 (HP PBI install) version 6.2.11.2
5. Again did a Geekbench test and registered a 5453 score:banghead:
6. Continued installing everything else and again have a fully working Yosemite on a 2570p

From what i saw, the lower score is not caused by Yosemite that's for sure. Maybe i'm doing something wrong in step 13 with PBI, or there is some effect in step 13 that causes this lower score. Any ideas??

Thanks for your time and sorry for my first long post.:thumbup:

@nguyenmac,

config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true does not work for 1366x768 ProBook 4530s.

Clover does not inject AAPL,snb-platform-id (but does inject a few other things), but the ProBook 4530s (1366p only) works without the injection. If Inject/Intel=true, you end up with an unusable screen.

I would recommend using the Mini-SSDT.aml from my ProBook DSDT patch repo (and Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml for 900p/1080p). Place at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml. It means people will have to copy these extra files (as well as the changed config.plist) when preparing their USB.

Yes... I pulled my 4530s out of "hibernation" (it was actually on loan to my father... as a Windows machine).

I tested with both Yosemite 10.10 and Mavericks 10.9.5.

FYI: 4530s 1366x768 seems to work with just Inject/Intel=false, but people will definitely need the SSDT for 1080p. I remember there being some people (using Unibeast) that had issues if the correct snb-platform-id was not injected, so it is probably best to just ask people to install the SSDT in both cases.

@nguyenmac,

config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true does not work for 1366x768 ProBook 4530s.

Clover does not inject AAPL,snb-platform-id (but does inject a few other things), but the ProBook 4530s (1366p only) works without the injection. If Inject/Intel=true, you end up with an unusable screen.

I would recommend using the Mini-SSDT.aml from my ProBook DSDT patch repo (and Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml for 900p/1080p). Place at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml. It means people will have to copy these extra files (as well as the changed config.plist) when preparing their USB.

Yes... I pulled my 4530s out of "hibernation" (it was actually on loan to my father... as a Windows machine).

FYI: 4530s 1366x768 seems to work with just Inject/Intel=false, but people will definitely need the SSDT for 1080p. I remember there being some people (using Unibeast) that had issues if the correct snb-platform-id was not injected, so it is probably best to just ask people to install the SSDT in both cases.

So I have to change config.plist in pre-install and post-install? The patched dsdt has correct injected info so we can set InjectIntel=True right?

14. Restart and enjoy! If you don't have sound, use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache and restart many times until it work.

Is there any clear steps to make sound work ? I've been using Clover's patch-on-fly to get sound in 10.9 OOB, but failed on 10.10 with exact the same configuration and steps, and I also tried to add kext-dev-mode=1 with no luck.

@nguyenmac,

RM, welcome back to the 4530s fan club :D
Are you experimenting random restart problems too with Yosemite?
BTW, I have a 4530s with standard screen; clean Yosemite install using PBI CE 6.2.12 and no problem regarding graphics.

Thanks!

Is there any clear steps to make sound work ? I've been using Clover's patch-on-fly to get sound in 10.9 OOB, but failed on 10.10 with exact the same configuration and steps, and I also tried to add kext-dev-mode=1 with no luck.

Bump the version of dummyHDA kext to 999.9

Does this happen to anyone or just me:
Everytime I boot up, after choose OS X in Clover screen there is a black screen with white Apple logo in the middle, and it loads slowly, like 5 mins (and I use SSD). This never happened with Marvericks.

Back