Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I don't know what do you really want to do.

Why do you set UEFI Hybrid when you want to install Windows UEFI?

Make sure your usb is FAT32.

I want to install windows 8 UEFI so I can have it appear in the clover boot menu.

Your guide, under the heading about dual booting with Windows says to set the the boot mode to UEFI with CSM.

The USB is definitely Fat32.

Have you any other suggestions?

Thanks

I tried the Win7 USB Download Tool... However, the USB still doesn't show up when i hit f9 and select boot from EFI file...

Any other ideas?

Could be USB issue. Try different USB stick, different port, etc. Also, check your BIOS settings.

Make sure the EFI partition is formatted with correct format. Make sure it is MBR partitioning (not GPT).

I want to install windows 8 UEFI so I can have it appear in the clover boot menu.

Your guide, under the heading about dual booting with Windows says to set the the boot mode to UEFI with CSM.

The USB is definitely Fat32.

Have you any other suggestions?

Thanks

You're installing Windows 7 UEFI?

You're installing Windows 7 UEFI?
I want to install Windows 8 UEFI. I have Yosemite installed with Clover working as the boot loader. Now I want to add windows to another partition I have set aside. Im trying to do it following the windows dual boot section of your guide. I have followed the first few steps but when I try to boot from EFI file, my usb doesn't show up. I've used the Rufus program suggested in your guide and also the Win7 USB Download Tool suggested by RehabMan. I've tried all the usb slots on my laptop. The USB is the same usb I used to install Yosemite and it did showed up in that case when I hit f9 and chose boot from EFI file.

Have you any idea what I'm doing wrong??

Did you try booting without caches (after removing the hardware)?

Check BIOS settings...

You could also try creating USB with Unibeast instead of 'createinstallmedia'...

Yup :(, I tried booting both normally and without Caches but theres no difference.

My BIOS settings look normal to me and I've just created another USB stick for the Mavericks install method per the guide on here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html and it seems to be working fine..... I get to the Install screen and am able to format/partition my disks normally.

I also tried using Unibeast last night, I selected the Yosemite and Laptop Support options but when it comes to booting the USB stick it takes a long time to load and then a white window with an icon in the middle of the screen (similar to this 43px-No_sign.svg.png) appears.

Yup :(, I tried booting both normally and without Caches but theres no difference.

My BIOS settings look normal to me and I've just created another USB stick for the Mavericks install method per the guide on here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html and it seems to be working fine..... I get to the Install screen and am able to format/partition my disks normally.

I also tried using Unibeast last night, I selected the Yosemite and Laptop Support options but when it comes to booting the USB stick it takes a long time to load and then a white window with an icon in the middle of the screen (similar to this View attachment 107976) appears.

Boot verbose, show photo.

I also tried using Unibeast last night, I selected the Yosemite and Laptop Support options but when it comes to booting the USB stick it takes a long time to load and then a white window with an icon in the middle of the screen (similar to this View attachment 107976) appears.

I had this same problem and created a new USB stick multiple times. The way in which I solved it was to delete the Yosemite installation I had downloaded and download a fresh one. After I did this, I followed the guide in this thread to make the flash drive and it worked fine.

Make sure you partitioned/formatted it correctly.

I honestly followed the guide in the link provided with the RUFUs program step by step and I compared by settings to those in the screen shot.

I'm having trouble installing windows uefi as dual boot on my HP Probook 4540s.

I followed the instructions in the guide and have Yosemite installed with clover working as the boot loader correctly.

I set UEFI Hybrid with CSM in the BIOS.

I created the windows usb using Rufus with the exact settings defined in the provided link. I'm using a windows 8 64 bit ISO.

when I view the contents of the created usb, I can confirm that /efi and /boot exist.

However, when I restart and press f9 to view the boot devices, and I select Boot from EFI file, the usb doesn't show up. The usb shows up in the list of available boot devices, but not when I select boot from efi file. I have tried remaking the USB twice.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you formatted the USB with Rufus as GPT?
I had a similar problem, it turns out that when you select the ISO in Rufus, it changes the partition scheme back to MBR, so you first have to select the ISO and only then choose the partition type as GPT.

Back