Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hey,

I'm a long time lurker that followed your guide on Mavericks and it worked beautifully.

I noticed that Yosemite was out yesterday and you had updated your guide and I decided to do a clean install but I don't seem to be able to get past step 5.

I get a Kernel Panic before I get to the stage where I'd format or partition my drives (picture below).
I've tried booting with verbose, no kernel cache/injected drivers, safe mode and changing my SMBIOS to MacBookAir5,2 but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any tips on how I can get into the Install screen?

I could be wrong, but I think the Kernel Panic might be related to my Bluetooth? I'm using a HP Broadcom BCM943224HMS for my Wireless & Bluetooth and it worked fine in Mavericks.

I'm using the normal Clover.zip from your link on the first page and I've also tried using the following configs: HD4000 1366x768 & HD4000 1366x768 (P-Sepper error). I have a 1366x768 screen.

Any help or tips to get past the error would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Attachments

• KP1.png
    KP1.png
    817.1 KB · Views: 186
  • KP2.png
    KP2.png
    616.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Clover.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 115
  • Config.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 128
I'm having trouble installing windows uefi as dual boot on my HP Probook 4540s.

I followed the instructions in the guide and have Yosemite installed with clover working as the boot loader correctly.

I set UEFI Hybrid with CSM in the BIOS.

I created the windows usb using Rufus with the exact settings defined in the provided link. I'm using a windows 8 64 bit ISO.

when I view the contents of the created usb, I can confirm that /efi and /boot exist.

However, when I restart and press f9 to view the boot devices, and I select Boot from EFI file, the usb doesn't show up. The usb shows up in the list of available boot devices, but not when I select boot from efi file. I have tried remaking the USB twice.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey,

I'm a long time lurker that followed your guide on Mavericks and it worked beautifully.

I noticed that Yosemite was out yesterday and you had updated your guide and I decided to do a clean install but I don't seem to be able to get past step 5.

I get a Kernel Panic before I get to the stage where I'd format or partition my drives (picture below).
I've tried booting with verbose, no kernel cache/injected drivers, safe mode and changing my SMBIOS to MacBookAir5,2 but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any tips on how I can get into the Install screen?

I could be wrong, but I think the Kernel Panic might be related to my Bluetooth? I'm using a HP Broadcom BCM943224HMS for my Wireless & Bluetooth and it worked fine in Mavericks.

I'm using the normal Clover.zip from your link on the first page and I've also tried using the following configs: HD4000 1366x768 & HD4000 1366x768 (P-Sepper error). I have a 1366x768 screen.

Any help or tips to get past the error would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Try removing the WiFi card (and thus the BT hardware) just to see if it solves the KP.

I followed the instructions in the guide and have Yosemite installed with clover working as the boot loader correctly.

I created the windows usb using Rufus with the exact settings defined in the provided link. I'm using a windows 8 64 bit ISO.

when I view the contents of the created usb, I can confirm that /efi and /boot exist.

However, when I restart and press f9 to view the boot devices, and I select Boot from EFI file, the usb doesn't show up. The usb shows up in the list of available boot devices, but not when I select boot from efi file. I have tried remaking the USB twice.

Use the "Win7 USB Download Tool" from Microsoft to create your USB.

That's all I was doing, but over in the upgrade thread I mentioned that I figured I was doing something wrong / missing entries I needed to update (I'm honestly pretty green at messing with the file).

Makes sense and maybe I just need to fiddle with the plist file more. Thanks!

EDIT -- and I'm good, just needed to use the config tool to build out the smbios and embedded that into my config.plist. Reboot and A-OK with Wifi, thanks for pointing me in the right direction on that.

Any chance of a screen print of the SMBIOS screen in Clover Configurator (serials blanked)?
My ProBook says it's "MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)", but still no wifi.

I used the wand in SMBIOS to automatically set
Product Name=MacBookAir5,2
Family=MacBook Air
Bios Version=MBA51.88Z.00EF.B00.1205221442
Bios Release Date: 05/10/12
Version: 1.0
Everything generated from the wand choosing MacBookAir5,2 - 2012 option

About to go buy a USB WiFi (Netgear WNA3100M) to try to get something to work that's not a CAT5 network cable.

Try removing the WiFi card (and thus the BT hardware) just to see if it solves the KP.

Thanks Rehabman, I didn't think of doing that.

Just removed the Wifi card and created a brand new USB (as per the 1st page) and unfortunately it's still coming up with the same error messages/Kernel Panic.

I also tried disabling the Wifi and Bluetooth in the BIOS after the above didn't work but it didn't make a difference.

Any ideas on what might be causing the issue or any other potential workarounds I could try?

Any chance of a screen print of the SMBIOS screen in Clover Configurator (serials blanked)?
My ProBook says it's "MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012)", but still no wifi.

I used the wand in SMBIOS to automatically set
Product Name=MacBookAir5,2
Family=MacBook Air
Bios Version=MBA51.88Z.00EF.B00.1205221442
Bios Release Date: 05/10/12
Version: 1.0
Everything generated from the wand choosing MacBookAir5,2 - 2012 option

About to go buy a USB WiFi (Netgear WNA3100M) to try to get something to work that's not a CAT5 network cable.

Still missing Board-id. Make sure you know how to use CC SMBIOS...

I don't know what do you really want to do.

Why do you set UEFI Hybrid when you want to install Windows UEFI?

Make sure your usb is FAT32.

Thanks Rehabman, I didn't think of doing that.

Just removed the Wifi card and created a brand new USB (as per the 1st page) and unfortunately it's still coming up with the same error messages/Kernel Panic.

I also tried disabling the Wifi and Bluetooth in the BIOS after the above didn't work but it didn't make a difference.

Any ideas on what might be causing the issue or any other potential workarounds I could try?

Did you try booting without caches (after removing the hardware)?

Check BIOS settings...

You could also try creating USB with Unibeast instead of 'createinstallmedia'...

Use the "Win7 USB Download Tool" from Microsoft to create your USB.

I tried the Win7 USB Download Tool... However, the USB still doesn't show up when i hit f9 and select boot from EFI file...

Any other ideas?

Back