Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Here you go.

Thx!

config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem is set true. It should be false since you have no patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

The ioreg shows 10.11.4. Why are you posting in the 10.10 forum?

Note: ACPI is not patched correctly. Since you have renamed GFX0->IGPU in DSDT, it compels you to patch SSDT-2. And since you're patching SSDT-2 and placing in ACPI/patched, it means you need DropOem=true and all the other (non-dynamic) SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Note obvious AppleHDA problem based on kextcache output:
Code:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: 	IOPCIDevice::metaClass
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: 	IOACPIPlatformDevice::metaClass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-broken-audio-applehda-injector-dummyhda.html

The ioreg shows 10.11.4. Why are you posting in the 10.10 forum?[/url]

Oh. Sorry. By mistake.

Audio is working just fine btw.#

Switch to right forum now.

Thanks again for your help!

Seller CYA. Read post #1 regarding laptops with/without a WiFi whitelist.

Note: Both of the laptops (4530s) that you have in your profile have a WiFi whitelist and must use certain HP branded WiFi cards. If you have a different laptop, perhaps you should update your profile/signature.

I did already. Sorry for not updating it in the first place.

Current machine is 8-series laptop HP ProBook 450 G2.

Hi Rehabman. Regarding your new clover hotpatch I was wondering I want to try Yosemite with sleep now will clover hotpatch be the same for Yosemite as El Capitan setup we did the one night? I'm still certain the sleep problem is due to no USB 3. Thanks.

Hi Rehabman. Regarding your new clover hotpatch I was wondering I want to try Yosemite with sleep now will clover hotpatch be the same for Yosemite as El Capitan setup we did the one night? I'm still certain the sleep problem is due to no USB 3. Thanks.

I'm using the same hotpatch setup on my 4530s on 10.11.4 down to 10.6.8.

Thanks RehabMan. One thing id like to mention. My friend Techyrod82 has updated his 4530s to BIOS version F60 because he did a CPU upgrade I've patched the DSDT and SSDT for him now his sleep is broken in Yosemite before updating the BIOS it worked perfectly ever since updated to BIOS F60 he has the same kernel panic as my 4530s now by any chance could the kernel panic be related to some 4530s Probooks with i5 i7 with BIOS F60 i don't get that his worked perfectly before updating to BIOS version F60 is there anyway to Downgrade it to test?

Thanks RehabMan. One thing id like to mention. My friend Techyrod82 has updated his 4530s to BIOS version F60 because he did a CPU upgrade I've patched the DSDT and SSDT for him now his sleep is broken in Yosemite before updating the BIOS it worked perfectly ever since updated to BIOS F60 he has the same kernel panic as my 4530s now by any chance could the kernel panic be related to some 4530s Probooks with i5 i7 with BIOS F60 i don't get that his worked perfectly before updating to BIOS version F60 is there anyway to Downgrade it to test?

Hotpatch?

You can download previous BIOS from hp.com and test (assuming the BIOS flasher allows).

Thats the problem it says this on the older versions of the BIOS. Note: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed Previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled. Ive tried a BIOS Rollback it keeps failing on Security token i don't know weather to get in touch with HP about it what do you think? and No we've not tried clover hot patch on his. But i guess it'll be the same with the kernel panic after sleep. But its a bit funny that sleep is broken after updating to F60 which makes me wonder if its BIOS F60 on some 4530s Probooks.

Thats the problem it says this on the older versions of the BIOS. Note: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed Previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled. Ive tried a BIOS Rollback it keeps failing on Security token i don't know weather to get in touch with HP about it what do you think? and No we've not tried clover hot patch on his. But i guess it'll be the same with the kernel panic after sleep. But its a bit funny that sleep is broken after updating to F60 which makes me wonder if its BIOS F60 on some 4530s Probooks.

Without hotpatch, there is a chance that the patched ACPI files are not in sync with native...

I have no issue with F60 on my 4530s. I have not fiddled with the CPU (seems like a waste to update the CPU on such an old laptop).

Back