Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

WiFI CArd

Hi,

thanks again for your great guide.

I have a brand new HP ProBook 450 G2. I do not know which serie it is.

It has an Intel WIFI card inside which, according to your guide, has to be replace.

I can not find a BCM43225HMB card in the net, but I can find certain BCM943225HMB. Is this maybe a typo on your side?

If not I would be thankful for a hint where to find a compatible card.

Thx.

I can not find a BCM43225HMB card in the net, but I can find certain BCM943225HMB. Is this maybe a typo on your side?

Same thing.

Best choice is BCM94352HMB.

Thanx!

Thank you for the excellent guide and your (and everybody else involved) support.

I just installed a tripple boot system on my new ProBook 450 G2, 1TB drive and were able to fix all issues with no worries following your guide on the first try.

The only thing that took me a little while was to replace the WIFI card with the one from my old ProBook 4530s, which was also up and running for years thanks to your (and previous Chamelion/Extra) guide.

I really appreciate!

We love you :)

See you in three years. Same time, same place.

Same thing.

Best choice is BCM94352HMB.

Thanx. I just wondered because the seller stated in big red letters that it is not compatible with HP due to BIOS restrictions.

Thanx. I just wondered because the seller stated in big red letters that it is not compatible with HP due to BIOS restrictions.

Seller CYA. Read post #1 regarding laptops with/without a WiFi whitelist.

Note: Both of the laptops (4530s) that you have in your profile have a WiFi whitelist and must use certain HP branded WiFi cards. If you have a different laptop, perhaps you should update your profile/signature.

Sleep Forever

Hi,

I can not get my HP ProBook 450 G2 to wake up once fallen in sleep. Keyboard/trackpad, power button, nothing rings the alarm and I have to force reboot.

I read everything many times and searched the net for half a day. I also tried this one:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

- Wake on Lan / WIFI is turned of in BIOS (always was).
- Also unchecked "Enable Power Nap ..." in System Preferences.

The only thing I could not figure out is how to:

... disable wake by USB in your config.plist (see above) ....

but as I understand this fix doesn't fit my error description anyway.

Maybe you (or someone else) have another hint for me?

Hi,

I can not get my HP ProBook 450 G2 to wake up once fallen in sleep. Keyboard/trackpad, power button, nothing rings the alarm and I have to force reboot.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Back