Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

efibootmgr doesn't work well on the 6-series ProBooks (such as the one in your profile) due to BIOS UEFI bugs.
efibootmgr like works. Launched ubuntu cd set efibootmgr it showed one record Recovery HD from the left yosemite I deleted it. Although up to this I did diskpart clean all. It seems in memory uefi, which is sitting that does not becoming windows. Always the error-Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. On mbr all set.

efibootmgr like works. Launched ubuntu cd set efibootmgr it showed one record Recovery HD from the left yosemite I deleted it. Although up to this I did diskpart clean all. It seems in memory uefi, which is sitting that does not becoming windows. Always the error-Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. On mbr all set.

When you install Windows, make sure you're booting the Windows retail installer directly from UEFI BIOS. Also, make sure you EFI partition is clean.

When you install Windows, make sure you're booting the Windows retail installer directly from UEFI BIOS. Also, make sure you EFI partition is clean.

All this has been done. More than once. Strangely, many a problem in the 4530s and who is easy to install. Bios reflash 3 times, dropped default, the periphery is not connected

All this has been done. More than once. Strangely, many a problem in the 4530s and who is easy to install. Bios reflash 3 times, dropped default, the periphery is not connected

Make sure you also are installing directly to the main SATA drive with only that drive installed.

Check BIOS options also...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this great installer. Works perfect for my 4540S

Now I am considering buying a EliteBook 8570W. I don't see it in the 'supported list' on the front page. Will this installer also work on this device?

Best,
Kaasboer09

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this great installer. Works perfect for my 4540S

Now I am considering buying a EliteBook 8570W. I don't see it in the 'supported list' on the front page. Will this installer also work on this device?

Best,
Kaasboer09

Experimental support for some versions of 'w'. Probably broken/incomplete.

installation on 2570p went smooth, everything works fine.
in comparison with 6470b, 2570p has 3x louder speakers.
6470b has better brightness on its display than 2570p.

any thoughts? is sound or brightness fixable?

both running yosemite.

installation on 2570p went smooth, everything works fine.
in comparison with 6470b, 2570p has 3x louder speakers.
6470b has better brightness on its display than 2570p.

any thoughts? is sound or brightness fixable?

both running yosemite.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

4. Plug the flashdrive to USB ports. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your Clover bootloader partition > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi

5. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" or "Boot OS X Install from OS X Base System".

If you can't get to installer:

I can't no way and is showing that my PC is locked/disabled. Please try again in 60 min ... :thumbdown:
Did I mist something ? How to bypass this ? I get Image from my Wife's Ibook where I were also creating USB Boot for my HP Laptop. Should I recreate USB ?
Thank you.

I can't no way and is showing that my PC is locked/disabled. Please try again in 60 min ... :thumbdown:
Did I mist something ? How to bypass this ? I get Image from my Wife's Ibook where I were also creating USB Boot for my HP Laptop. Should I recreate USB ?
Thank you.

I hope you didn't lock your Mac...

Note clear warning in post #1:
- Find My Mac does not work properly. Don't lock your mac because it's hard (or unable) to unlock again.

Back