Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Use older Probook Installer. Compare working EFI to non-working EFI to troubleshoot.

Used the older Probook Installer nothing i'm in the same place.
Any ideas? Thanks

Used the older Probook Installer nothing i'm in the same place.
Any ideas? Thanks

You should read this thread and the 10.11 thread to see which version people are having to roll back to with your hardware configuration.

Otherwise, make sure your selections make sense for your hardware.

Checked for garbage in EFI boot entries. Nothing found.

Btw, I just completed windows 8.1 post-installation using cmd. All works fine. Will try this method with win10TP.

Can I install Mac OS X without recovery partition?

Hi! Could you explain how have you done it? I'm experiencing the same issue. :banghead:
Thanks!

Installed yosemite on HP 840G1 1.90Ghz Intel i5 HD 4400 with an HD Audio and I cant get the sound to work. Any ideas?

Installed yosemite on HP 840G1 1.90Ghz Intel i5 HD 4400 with an HD Audio and I cant get the sound to work. Any ideas?

read introduction page. Especially step 14.

Hi! Could you explain how have you done it? I'm experiencing the same issue. :banghead:
Thanks!
I decided to put windows. dual boot. Made in the Manual Installation Windows UEFI as a dual boot. there is an error, updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. I decided to completely repartition the disk using diskpart, convert gpt. Again updating the error windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. I put different images from different dvd, usb flash. Always this error.
Hello Everyone!

Long Time ago, i already tried to hackintosh my Elitebook. But i have the Version with AMD Graphics and last Year, there wasn't a solution for this so i gave up....

Now, with the actual PBI my model is supported too. I downloaded everything and followed the guide carefully. Everything was fine, i even got iMessage&Facetime to work!

Things started to go bad when i tried to install Windows on a second SSD.
My Goal was to have two completely unrelated Systems. So, NO mix of OSX and Windows on one SSD or needing an additional Bootloader to boot Windows. I wanted to select my OS by swapping the SSD everytime....

-I removed the Hackintosh SSD from the internal Bay
-Installed a clean SSD in the internal Bay
-I began to install Windows 8.1Pro (in UEFI Mode)

As the Installer almost finished i got an Error saying: "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed."

-I tried to install again, again, again and again...
-swapped out the SSD for another one
-tried another USB-Stick
-tried another ISO
-set BIOS to Defaults, made EC reset, even disconnected Battery and CMOS-Battery for 3 hours.

On every attempt, iget the same Message!
without UEFI-Mode i can install Windows without any Problem.

I began reading a lot about (U)EFI and finally understood: There are writable Areas in the BIOS and found proof on my Elitebook too:

I removed both SSDs and started from a USB-Stick containing a Ubuntu Live CD. From there i installed the program "efibootmgr". This tool showed me CLOVER Entries (while there was no other SSD, HDD or USB-Stick connected aside the Linux-Live-Stick).

I deleted the CLOVER-Entris, but no success.

Who can explain such behaviour?

BR
germi
Hello again :)
Some times ago (after successfully installed OS X 10.10.2) i tried to install Windows UEFI on my laptop, but faced with some troubles.
I write here 2 times:
1 -- post #2375 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-238.html#post972201)
2 -- post #2692 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...te-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-270.html#post986018)
I tried a lot of things: original windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10(TP) ISOs downloaded from msdn; various action sequences with driver partitions; install windows first on a clean drive and etc. (tried all that I could find on the Internet) -- but every time I got the same result -- "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed".
I found a lot of solution for CSM-enabled UEFI. But this option
unavailable in 6-series laptops like my 4530s.
So I got a question: Is it possible to dualboot OS X and windows on 6-series laptops? If yes, what I should do? It's time when I really need windows-based soft for education process, but also need OS X based soft for development :|
Here many a problem. Also I suffer. Decisions have not yet found.

Back