Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

First thank you so much for letting me try OS X on a entry version HP 450 G2 almost flawlessly.
But I got an annoying issue which is,
after a while of using or awake from hibernate (sorry not very sure about these conditions),
the Storage tab in About This MAC and Disk Utility won't working:banghead:, any clue about this?
ps. I don't have SSD instead of conventional mechanical HDD.

Your kindly help is much appreciated!

Define "won't working".

maybe it will help in establishing the problem with my battery..

I noticed that the top menu icon batteries sometimes tries to appear and then disappear (such blinking). In this time the console is written:
10/21/15 10:19:08.142 PM SystemUIServer[527]: Menu Extra: <BatteryExtra: 0x7fbad3c16c90> is over retained.

It happens all the time...

maybe it will help in establishing the problem with my battery..

I noticed that the top menu icon batteries

batteries? plural? really?

I only see one battery in your ioreg.

sometimes tries to appear and then disappear (such blinking). In this time the console is written:
10/21/15 10:19:08.142 PM SystemUIServer[527]: Menu Extra: <BatteryExtra: 0x7fbad3c16c90> is over retained.

It happens all the time...

No explanation for this...

Most that have the issue have an identifiable problem in ioreg regarding battery status (eg. crazy values for Amperage, CurrentCapacity > Max Capacity, Max Capacity > DesignCapacity, etc.)

Another group had corrupt OS X or were not downloading from the Mac App Store...

Define "won't working".

For About This MAC, I could open the app, but when I click tab Storage, app hangs, highlighted in red in Activity Monitor and shows not responding.
For Disk Utility, it will directly go to not responding once open, and recent hangs starts to count in Activity Monitor.

But if I had a fresh start up, both work fine.
Thank you.

For About This MAC, I could open the app, but when I click tab Storage, app hangs, highlighted in red in Activity Monitor and shows not responding.
For Disk Utility, it will directly go to not responding once open, and recent hangs starts to count in Activity Monitor.

But if I had a fresh start up, both work fine.
Thank you.

Strange problems...

Strange problems...

It seems to be related to my optical drive. When the problem occurs, the optical drive won't work as well. It won't automatically mount when I insert a disc.

Or when the optical drive doesn't work normally, the problem occurs.:beachball:

It seems to be related to my optical drive. When the problem occurs, the optical drive won't work as well. It won't automatically mount when I insert a disc.

Or when the optical drive doesn't work normally, the problem occurs.:beachball:

SATA problem? Or networking problem... do you have active network connections (to Windows servers) at the time of sleep?

SATA problem? Or networking problem... do you have active network connections (to Windows servers) at the time of sleep?

I attached one more ioreg which has been saved when the problem happened.
I notice it has some difference from the previous one which saved when system functions well.

Attachments

• dsdn1's 450G2 with problem.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 99
I attached one more ioreg which has been saved when the problem happened.
I notice it has some difference from the previous one which saved when system functions well.

What differences?

Where is the other ioreg?

Back