Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi guys,

Sorry if this problem has already been addressed, but this forum thread is kind of too long to completely go through.
I've already been looking for this problem online, but haven't found a solution yet:

When I boot into the installer, all goes well untill the verbose mode quits, the Apple logo comes on, and then the installer is completely loaded up. The screen then looks garbled (see the attachment). Other threads on forums have suggested me putting the pc into sleep and then waking it, but I can't get it out of sleep...

Any ideas? I'm running a 2015 HP ZBook G2, and I have Hybrid Graphics enabled.

Thanks,
Daan

Enable CSM in BIOS.

No patched DSDT in ACPI/patched. Follow the guide in post #1 with regards to DSDT re-patching.

Amazing. That was it. I wonder how come it never got created as part of the original install.

Thanks so much for your help.

Amazing. That was it. I wonder how come it never got created as part of the original install.

Thanks so much for your help.

That would be revealed in your /var/log/install.log from the former PBI-CE run.

Enable CSM in BIOS.

Thanks a lot, that did the trick. Great guide, I've got almost everything to work!

Could you hint me about the audio? I've run the ProBook installer and have restarted, cleared cache etc but to no avail. Any thought?
Same goes for Power management.

Thanks a lot, that did the trick. Great guide, I've got almost everything to work!

Could you hint me about the audio? I've run the ProBook installer and have restarted, cleared cache etc but to no avail. Any thought?
Same goes for Power management.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Apple boot screen: progress bar stops at the middle

I´ve bought a used Elitebook 8460p, Core i5, HD3000, from a used computers store. They gave 3 month warranty witch I thought was a good deal.
I´ve also bought a 120GB Kingston SSD Drive to use as boot disk
I've succefully installed Yosemite on the Elitebook 8460p usign this guide. SSD as booting device. Very fast. Even Wifi worked.

After a month of use the cooler stoped working and so I brought it to the store. They gave me another laptop instead cause the one I´ve bought had a problem with the start button. The other laptop was the same Elitebook 8460p only difference was the type of keyboard (ES vs US)

Then I installed the SSD drive to the new Elitebook It booted to the Clover screen then I selected Start OS X Yosemite and I could see the black screen with the gray apple and the progress bar moving. But progress stops at the middle and stays there (*)

-Tried to boot from the Recovery selection from the Clover screen and the same thing happens. *

-Tried to boot from the Install Yosemite MacOSX USB pen drive. It takes me to the Clover screen, I select install Yosemite option and the same thing hapens *

Could it be something wrong with the boot options? Any ideas?

3. Enable these options in BIOS (if you have):

• Data Execution Prevention.
  • Switchable Graphics Card / Hybrid Graphics. (No Option)
  • Video Memory Size: 64MB (for 9-series laptops) or 512MB (for other laptops, if you have) (No Option)
  • 6-series laptop: UEFI Boot.
  • 7-series/8-series laptop: UEFI Native (recommended) or UEFI Hybrid (only if you have Windows Legacy) (Just UEFI boot Option) ✓

Disable these (if you have):

• Wake on LAN. OFF
  • Wake on USB. OFF
  • LAN/WLAN Switching (No Option)
  • Ambient light sensor. OFF
  • Firewire. OFF
  • Parallels Port. OFF
  • Serial Port. OFF
Thanks!

Last edited:
I´ve bought a used Elitebook 8460p, Core i5, HD3000, from a used computers store. They gave 3 month warranty witch I thought was a good deal.
I´ve also bought a 120GB Kingston SSD Drive to use as boot disk
I've succefully installed Yosemite on the Elitebook 8460p usign this guide. SSD as booting device. Very fast. Even Wifi worked.

After a month of use the cooler stoped working and so I brought it to the store. They gave me another laptop instead cause the one I´ve bought had a problem with the start button. The other laptop was the same Elitebook 8460p only difference was the keyboard.

Then I installed the SSD drive to the new Elitebook It booted to the Clover screen then I selected Start OS X Yosemite and I could see the black screen with the gray apple and the progress bar moving. But progress stops at the middle and stays there (*)

You cannot expect to use the patched ACPI files from the other computer with the new one.

You need to at least boot from USB to regenerate the patched files.

-Tried to boot from the Install Yosemite MacOSX USB pen drive. It takes me to the Clover screen, I select install Yosemite option and the same thing hapens *

Check BIOS version and BIOS settings (update BIOS to latest version).

You cannot expect to use the patched ACPI files from the other computer with the new one.

You need to at least boot from USB to regenerate the patched files.

Check BIOS version and BIOS settings (update BIOS to latest version).

Dose this mean to erase the EFI partition files from the SSD? When the EFI partition it´s created on the destination disk?

Dose this mean to erase the EFI partition files from the SSD? When the EFI partition it´s created on the destination disk?

Effectively you'll be recreating everything in EFI/Clover with the Probook Installer.

Allright, thanks in advance!

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f8222a000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Excuse me, how do I get to the clover folder? :)

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Daan’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 70
Back