Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

ehehehe thanks for quick reply, but for me this is arab! :)
DP port on dock will likely require framebuffer patches to match against the port.

Try different ig-platform-id values to see if you can find one that works with it (internal screen working or not irrelevant).

If you find one, you can use the data from it to patch 0xa260006 to accommodate.

ehehehe thanks for quick reply, but for me this is arab! :)

Do some research on framebuffer patching. Checkout AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh so you can get an idea of the data within.

I think others have tried. Not sure on current status.

@nguyenmac

Just a hunch on the consistent problems with zero brightness.

My guess is that it has to do with using native NVRAM during installation. When ACPIBacklight.kext gets loaded upon rebuild of kernel cache (while running the PBI-CE), it might store a bad value to NVRAM.

I haven't tested it, but that's a hunch.

You could probably avoid it by using EmuVariable for NVRAM during installation.

I have elitebook 840 with Intel Core i5-4200U 8gb ram and 512 ssd
my geekbench is around 5000
i did geekbench on macbook pro 13 mid 2012 i5 2,5ghz 4 ram and 5400rpm hd 5900 almost 6000

is it possible that my machine is slower than macbook pro with oldest cpu?
thx

I have elitebook 840 with Intel Core i5-4200U 8gb ram and 512 ssd
my geekbench is around 5000
i did geekbench on macbook pro 13 mid 2012 i5 2,5ghz 4 ram and 5400rpm hd 5900 almost 6000

is it possible that my machine is slower than macbook pro with oldest cpu?
thx

Guessing the MacBookPro has an i5-3210M...

In Passmark's CPU benchmark, the i5-3210M outperforms the i5-4200U (3785 vs. 3282).

See here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

so it is phisiological, i was thinking that the clover or anyother bootloader decrease the overall speed of the machine, because simulate the real bios, so with the same machine compared to a macbook you got same speed? if yes it is very good

so it is phisiological, i was thinking that the clover or anyother bootloader decrease the overall speed of the machine, because simulate the real bios, so with the same machine compared to a macbook you got same speed? if yes it is very good

The bootloader (such as Clover) serves to enable the system to load. After that, it is irrelevant.

Thanks a lot for the fantastic guide! on a ProBook 6460b I've installed a Yosemite very easily...

now I've some little noob question, also if I know that hackintosh is not for lazy people...:

I've searched a lot to find if there is an osx alternative to cpuZ / speccy for find if there is hw not correctly recognized by osx...

for sure there is:

- wi fi not recognize: I've ordered an HP 3105m Wireless WiFi Card 582564-001
- sd card reader: work great
- bluetooth : not recognized and: how i can find what card I've installed?

if anyone can help me: thanks a lot

Luke

Back