Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi RehabMan my Elitebook 840 G1 it's almost done but I need your help again!! I'm in troubles 'cuz I delete my Efi partition and I don't know how to recover it and that's the reason for why I can't boot Windows for make the installation on y gpt partition!

I hope you can help me thank you!

Hi RehabMan my Elitebook 840 G1 it's almost done but I need your help again!! I'm in troubles 'cuz I delete my Efi partition and I don't know how to recover it and that's the reason for why I can't boot Windows for make the installation on y gpt partition!

I hope you can help me thank you!

Use BCDBOOT.EXE to rebuild the Windows boot files (run from Windows Recovery Environment CMD.EXE command line).

Use PBI-CE to restore Clover/config/patched ACPI/etc.

I am having issues. I have an 8560p with AMD graphics. I installed Yosemite using NguyenMac's HP Probook with clover install guide. I'm using the HP branded wireless. I have everything working except webcam and sound. Guide tells me to rebuild kext cache for sound. If I use kext wizard to repair permissions and rebuild cache, when I reboot it won't boot from clover on the HD. It shows apple logo followed by no entry sign. I have to boot with USB, then choose boot from hard drive - it loads with messed up color, I run the probook installer again and shutdown, remove USB and then when I startup it boots straight into OSX as desired from the hard drive (I’ve followed this recovery procedure about 12 times – it can always be fixed by re-running pbi) with full resolution, wireless, etc. If I rebuild cache, it breaks boot. If I repair permissions, it breaks boot. If I choose options in Clover and change ANYTHING it breaks boot. I'm using PBI 6.4.0.1. I can fix it each time by reinstalling PBI, but it seems really brittle. I feel like I must be missing something or doing something wrong. One other question is how to boot without cache. PBI version of clover doesn't have that as a menu option. Wondering if the cache rebuild doesn't work for sound because I'm not booting ""without caches". Also, the built-in Webcam doesn't show up on the USB bus in system info. I just updated to 10.10.5 and it also broke boot. I ran pbi again and I'm back in good shape.

Any help or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. I would like to fix sound and webcam, and I would feel better if I knew why it broke every time I did ANYTHING to it.

EDIT - nevermind. I think I've got it. Aptiopfixdrv was causing a problem. Booting with verbose flag made the error apparent.

So if anyone gets this error:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block

you can download the replacement version 2 of that file here and it'll fix you up.
https://github.com/Dolnor/DELL-SCT-.../EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi

Choose the button that saws Raw.

just remove OsxAptioFixDrv from your clover drivers64UEFI folder on the EFI partition and drop this in. Reboot and all is glorious.

by the way......spacebar on clover gets you all those awesome options like "boot without caches"

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited:
I did fresh install of OS X 10.10.5 to my ProBook (in my signature) and discovered interesting issue. When I boot or connect UTP LAN cable into ProBook, WiFi stops working.
I need to use LAN and WiFi because of connection to company network and all internet.
I know, that this worked well in past.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong?

I did fresh install of OS X 10.10.5 to my ProBook (in my signature) and discovered interesting issue. When I boot or connect UTP LAN cable into ProBook, WiFi stops working.
I need to use LAN and WiFi because of connection to company network and all internet.
I know, that this worked well in past.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong?

WiFi won't "stop working", but the system may switch to Ethernet for network access while the cable is plugged in.

Hey guys, i'm new here. I have an EliteBook 8470p (already updated to latest BIOS), and i want to give Mac OS a shot.

So i have already installed Win 10 (UEFI) on my C: (my disk is GPT btw). So can i now also install Mac to C: and have it dual boot with 10? My disk has 2 partition, C and D, should i install to D?
And if i dont want to use MacOS anymore, can i delete it without damaging my Windows 10 installation?

Thanks!

So i shrunk my disk to get new partition for Mac, and when i plug my usb to install Mac, at the partition step, it just stuck at prepare to partition disk and nothing else. What should i do now?

So i shrunk my disk to get new partition for Mac, and when i plug my usb to install Mac, at the partition step, it just stuck at prepare to partition disk and nothing else. What should i do now?

Ok i extended the EFI partition and got the installer going, and when i reach this step

13. Download HP Probook Installer here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook...r-edition.html and install with these options:
After making your selections, click 'Continue' and allow the ProBook Installer to work. Then restart.

After reboot, it shows the Apple logo and a progress bar, the bar goes up around one third the way then it stuck there for 20+ mins already. What should i do next?

The guide calls for a complete re-partition (re-install Windows after)...

If you're trying to preserve an existing Windows install there is much to consider...

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Back