Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Elitebook 840 g1, updated last hp clover, did the audio fix with kext wizard....now the jack headphone doesn't works anymore, any hint?

Elitebook 840 g1, updated last hp clover, did the audio fix with kext wizard....now the jack headphone doesn't works anymore, any hint?

Do sleep/wake cycle. Note: This problem could probably be fixed with CodecCommander, should someone want to look into it (requires experimentation with hda-verb to determine the tweak needed).

I reinstalled the hp clover, in all its parts, now works

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by elitemacbook

Do sleep/wake cycle. Note: This problem could probably be fixed with CodecCommander, should someone want to look into it (requires experimentation with hda-verb to determine the tweak needed).

Last edited by a moderator:
I reinstalled the hp clover, in all its parts, now works

It will randomly stop working... It is an intermittent problem. Like I said, can be fixed with some work in CodecCommander should someone take the initiative. But doing so requires skills and the ability to reproduce the problem.

It will randomly stop working... It is an intermittent problem. Like I said, can be fixed with some work in CodecCommander should someone take the initiative. But doing so requires skills and the ability to reproduce the problem.

seems even the ethernet has the same problem as the headphone jack, need a sleep cycle...hope to find a solution. thx

seems even the ethernet has the same problem as the headphone jack, need a sleep cycle...hope to find a solution. thx

Not heard of that one. Of course, no one knows what hardware you have...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Not heard of that one. Of course, no one knows what hardware you have...

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)

System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I'm sorry, I have to be sure before posting...the ethernet seem the router problem that create the problem...

I have only yosemite on my pc so to install cpu-z i need to use another hd and install windows, i'll do it soon

Hey guys, i'm new here. I have an EliteBook 8470p (already updated to latest BIOS), and i want to give Mac OS a shot.

So i have already installed Win 10 (UEFI) on my C: (my disk is GPT btw). So can i now also install Mac to C: and have it dual boot with 10? My disk has 2 partition, C and D, should i install to D?
And if i dont want to use MacOS anymore, can i delete it without damaging my Windows 10 installation?

Thanks!

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from drivers64UEFI.

Boot verbose to try and determine where the reboot happens.

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)

Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)

When I check the drivers64UEFI folder that file was no longer there. I booted in verbose mode and found it was rebooting at two different points. After some research I found the problem, I have my laptop in a dock and connected to two displays. Once I removed it from the dock and booted it, it booted successfully from the hard drive (not sure why i didn't think to test that but the laptop is typically in the dock). Not sure where to go from here or if there is a solution for this. Also once I booted from the hard drive (out of the dock) I am still not getting sound, even after the suggested fixes in the guide. Thank you again.

When I check the drivers64UEFI folder that file was no longer there. I booted in verbose mode and found it was rebooting at two different points. After some research I found the problem, I have my laptop in a dock and connected to two displays. Once I removed it from the dock and booted it, it booted successfully from the hard drive (not sure why i didn't think to test that but the laptop is typically in the dock). Not sure where to go from here or if there is a solution for this. Also once I booted from the hard drive (out of the dock) I am still not getting sound, even after the suggested fixes in the guide. Thank you again.

Follow step 14 in the guide for audio.

Otherwise, post troubleshooting files.

Back