Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hello, First off thank you for this great write up. I have an HP Folio 9470m and on the first try I was able to install Yosemite. I am having a few issues. After the installation I installed the included HP tools, including the clover efi boot loader. After this on boot up I get the onboard boot loader which takes me to the apple logo splash screen, the progress bar gets to about the %25 mark and the computer reboots. I am able to use the boot loader on the usb stick to boot into the OS but I am thinking that may be the reason my audio is not working. I have tried repairing the disk permissions and clearing the cache. As of now that is my only issue. Once I clear these up I will purchase a new wifi card to get wifi working. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

My setup

HP Folio 9470m
Core i7
16gb ram
512gb ssd drive

Hello, First off thank you for this great write up. I have an HP Folio 9470m and on the first try I was able to install Yosemite. I am having a few issues. After the installation I installed the included HP tools, including the clover efi boot loader. After this on boot up I get the onboard boot loader which takes me to the apple logo splash screen, the progress bar gets to about the %25 mark and the computer reboots. I am able to use the boot loader on the usb stick to boot into the OS but I am thinking that may be the reason my audio is not working. I have tried repairing the disk permissions and clearing the cache. As of now that is my only issue. Once I clear these up I will purchase a new wifi card to get wifi working. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

My setup

HP Folio 9470m
Core i7
16gb ram
512gb ssd drive

Audio does not work when booting from USB.

Post EFI/Clover folder from your HDD.

Thank you, here is the screenshot. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Is it possible to switch off the keyboard backlight when the lcd is off like real macbook, because i usually use active corner to put lcd off and leave the pc there...but the backlight of the keyboard remain always on

Is it possible to switch off the keyboard backlight when the lcd is off like real macbook, because i usually use active corner to put lcd off and leave the pc there...but the backlight of the keyboard remain always on

I have the same issue with my Lenovo u430. No known solution yet. The key backlight will go out when the laptop sleeps, so it isn't something to worry too much about.

Give it a try (follow it carefully) and report back.

Hi RehabMan I have a trouble, when I try to install Yosemite the installation gives me an error "A Guid Partition Table partitioning scheme is required" I have windows 8.1 and I just shrink my disk for the installation of Mac OS.

Hi RehabMan I have a trouble, when I try to install Yosemite the installation gives me an error "A Guid Partition Table partitioning scheme is required" I have windows 8.1 and I just shrink my disk for the installation of Mac OS.

Sounds like your Windows install is legacy on MBR partitioned drive.

The OS X installer requires GPT. The guide in post #1 calls for a re-partition (which would erase Windows)... You can install OS X while keeping Windows but it gets tricky. You'll first have to transition to UEFI/GPT (google it), then make free space for OS X (shrinking Windows partition).

You'll also need to make sure the EFI partition is 200mb or larger. See this thread for details on OS X partitioning requirements: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

If all that is too much, re-partition (wiping out Windows) and install Windows after you install Yosemite. See post #1 for dual-boot details.

Thank you, here is the screenshot. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 2.24.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 2.24.51 PM.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 81

No screenshot requested.

Post EFI/Clover folder itself (compress as zip, attach to reply).

In the future, please use quoted replies.

Back