Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Oh right I just got the laptop yesterday, I was under the impression it was a G2. I will double check this and then reinstall. This may be what my problem is.

The G2 options are tuned for Haswell/HD4400/HD4600. Those options definitely will not work for a machine with Ivy/HD4000.

The G2 options are tuned for Haswell/HD4400/HD4600. Those options definitely will not work for a machine with Ivy/HD4000.

Yeh sorry this was what the problem was, my mistake. All fine now. Thanks

Hi all,
My Yosemite shows errors such as "Incorrect number of thread records", or "Invalid structure node",...
I want to reinstall Yosemite, but dont know the procedure.
OS X currently runs on SSD, along with Windows 8.1.
Please help me.
Thank you.

Hi all,
My Yosemite shows errors such as "Incorrect number of thread records", or "Invalid structure node",...

From what program? (sounds like Disk Utility, but you should clarify).

If from Disk Utility, boot into the Yosemite installer and attempt to repair the volume.

I want to reinstall Yosemite, but dont know the procedure.
OS X currently runs on SSD, along with Windows 8.1.
Please help me.
Thank you.

Installing Yosemite is covered in post #1.

From what program? (sounds like Disk Utility, but you should clarify).

If from Disk Utility, boot into the Yosemite installer and attempt to repair the volume.

Installing Yosemite is covered in post #1.

Errors showed in Disk Utillity.
Usually the OS won't boot, and I have to run disk repair from OS X recovery partition.
The errors disappear after successful repair, but they will reappear after a few weeks.
This has happened many times, so I think reinstalling may help. :?:

Usually the OS won't boot, and I have to run disk repair from OS X recovery partition.
The errors disappear after successful repair, but they will reappear after a few weeks.

Are you using software to write to HFS+ volumes from Windows?

Using MacDrive or Paragon HFS on Windows will cause this frequently. If you use MacDrive, set it to Read Only mode.

Using MacDrive or Paragon HFS on Windows will cause this frequently. If you use MacDrive, set it to Read Only mode.
I dont use any of these softwares on Windows. There is only Tuxera NTFS on OSX, is it involved ?

I dont use any of these softwares on Windows. There is only Tuxera NTFS on OSX, is it involved ?

I'm using Tuxera NTFS, no problems.

Any incorrect shutdown of OS X or strong vibration while running OS X can cause HDD problems. Or HDD is failing?

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide!! I have a 8470p running 10.10.3 flawlessly. The only thing that doesn't work is the audio out on the docking station. Meh. I don't care lol. That and the mic, but I use my Logitech camera instead. Running with an i7 3740QM (3.7Ghz), 12GB RAM, 256GB Samsung Pro SSD, and a 1TB HD in the CD-ROM bay. She'll smoke any real MacBook Pro out there I'm sure. I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon :D THANK YOU!!!

Back