Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Thank you very much for your restless support RehabMan! For now I can live with all that small shortcomings. For now this is far more than I expected, I don't need anything else in my daily business. At least for now. It would be good to connect an external monitor but it might be the adapter I'm using.

For now I'm good - thanks!:thumbup:

Hello all,

This is my first post and as many before me, I encounter some issues try to install Yosemite.
I prepared my USB flash drive using the 2b method, and copied (from the provided link) the config.plist which I believed is the appropriate one (although the HD4000 directory puzzled me since my GC is HD4400).

I get stuck after the "root device uuid is 'xxxxx'. The "+" signs do appear but nothing after that even after waiting for a while.
Here's the screenshot:
IMG_3145.JPG

I tried all the USB ports, with no better results.
Using a different media (SD card) brought the same result...

Attached is my config.plist (and complet EFI directory if needed for support).View attachment EFI.zip

(Actually I also tried some other config such as latest clover version and another EFI folder supposedly working for my laptop, with different results, but I thought following the provided instructions was the good place to start, hence my attached file and problem description)

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Rgds,
Nicolas

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 217
Hello all,

This is my first post and as many before me, I encounter some issues try to install Yosemite.
I prepared my USB flash drive using the 2b method, and copied (from the provided link) the config.plist which I believed is the appropriate one (although the HD4000 directory puzzled me since my GC is HD4400).

I get stuck after the "root device uuid is 'xxxxx'. The "+" signs do appear but nothing after that even after waiting for a while.
Here's the screenshot:
View attachment 131007

I tried all the USB ports, with no better results.
Using a different media (SD card) brought the same result...

Attached is my config.plist (and complet EFI directory if needed for support).View attachment 131011

(Actually I also tried some other config such as latest clover version and another EFI folder supposedly working for my laptop, with different results, but I thought following the provided instructions was the good place to start, hence my attached file and problem description)

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Rgds,
Nicolas

Your config.plist is wrong for the hardware in your profile.

Follow the guide carefully and choose the correct config.plist.

You may also need to try a different USB stick.

The only peripheral you should have connected is the USB stick itself ... and perhaps a USB mouse if you prefer.

The peripherals I refer to were a USB Mouse and a Keyboard..because on the first few attempts the built in mouse and keyboard on the HP45302 did not work.

I would not have had anything connected at all , I had to go and dig the mouse and keyboard out of the attic spares box.

The working method was to leave them all disconnected till a certain part in the installation, where I had to plug the mouse in to make a selection during the point where the built in track pad did not work.

The peripherals I refer to were a USB Mouse and a Keyboard..because on the first few attempts the built in mouse and keyboard on the HP45302 did not work.

I would not have had anything connected at all , I had to go and dig the mouse and keyboard out of the attic spares box.

The working method was to leave them all disconnected till a certain part in the installation, where I had to plug the mouse in to make a selection during the point where the built in track pad did not work.

Not heard of that one... Your experience is unique.

you have tried to install the update EFI for macbook pro 2.7 that distributes through apple appstore ?

It won't do anything (other than place the firmware files on the EFI partition).

Your ProBook is not a Mac and therefore has no Mac EFI firmware.

ok , I thought I was going to overwrite some files of clover in the EFI partition ....

It places files in EFI/Apple... It won't bother Clover. Applying the update won't get rid of the update notification, however.

Not heard of that one... Your experience is unique.

worrying..... Maybe hardware issues. Thought never occured to me before. but now I think about it, umm ethernet port always takes two or three insertions to make contact.

Only other thought I'd forhotten about. I don't have a CD drive. That is replaced with a HDD carrier.

Back