Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

But then all the purchases etc from the App store all the synchronisation between the other mac and iPad, iPhone etc is lost.

Have to get my original one running, no use just creating a new one

If you want to fix your Apple account, contact Apple Support, this is not a Hackintosh problem.

You can create a new iCloud account while using old AppleID for AppStore. They're separate matters.

If you want to fix your Apple account, contact Apple Support, this is not a Hackintosh problem.

You can create a new iCloud account while using old AppleID for AppStore. They're separate matters.

Umm OK,,
it is not an Apple issue though from my little understanding , all my other devices can connect to all 'i" accounts . and this machine used to connect perfectly with the old loader and 10.8.4
Definitely related to this new installation

Trouble with a new iCloud account is that I then have to change e-mail address and accounts on all devices .

probably easier just to go back to 10.8.4

i had gone through the post number 16 in the guide. I have down three or four cleaning stalls now and each time it all falls down at the app store.

The first time it connected no issues, then it stopped connecting at all.

Now it does not connect and I get a java pop up every re boot asking me to update java Runtime. Download & update it each time , but the update does not seem to 'Stick' and the ...but that is a separate issue, I know

Thanks for your help

NP

All working perfectly with a few false starts. Seems that it is impossible to get to the Installation screen when first booting from the created (2b method) USB boot stick , if ANY peripherals are connected to the laptop during initial boot. All that I was getting was the grey/white blank scree and the mouse cursor,

The only peripheral you should have connected is the USB stick itself ... and perhaps a USB mouse if you prefer.

Thanks very much, folks. A little fumbling on my part, but successful install on 6460b.:D

Well, GSM Module is not working of course and the smart card reader I haven't try yet...

Also when I connect my external monitor via the HDMI/DP adapter the system crashes.

I think I need to enable trim as well...

But other than that all is great! :D

Well, GSM Module is not working of course and the smart card reader I haven't try yet...

Also when I connect my external monitor via the HDMI/DP adapter the system crashes.

I think I need to enable trim as well...

But other than that all is great! :D

Trim is already enabled by the config.plist provided by PBI-CE.

Please don't forget to fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Back