Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

i can't boot it maybe winupdate modify bootloader (clover exist) so clover not work
and i try ti boot hackintosh image(install disk)(use usb clover boot loader and select hard partiton which hackintosh installrd)-> kernal panic , try clover boot loader safe mode(? click f4 key)(also select hardpartition) ->stuck on apple logo and loading bar

but i can enter hd recovery partition

i can't boot it maybe winupdate modify bootloader (clover exist) so clover not work

After Windows updates... iff bootmgfw.efi was updated (eg. it exists...)
- delete \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw-orig.efi
- rename \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

You can always boot Clover via Esc+F9 "Boot from EFI file"...

AR5B195 is AR9285 WiFi + AR3011 Bluetooth.

Thanks,
sorry I never said that earlier, I just got it on with the install.

All working perfectly with a few false starts. Seems that it is impossible to get to the Installation screen when first booting from the created (2b method) USB boot stick , if ANY peripherals are connected to the laptop during initial boot. All that I was getting was the grey/white blank scree and the mouse cursor,

WiFi / BT /Sound fixed with on second boot with Kext Wizard and all hardware working.

The current issue is the "This Apple ID is valid but not an iCloud account.
Also i get config.plist not found in Clover Configurator
Clover version 3193
So that is the job for today, scan the multiple threads I have found on the iCloud subject and find one relevant to Clover, most seem to be concerning previous bot loaders. not yet found any info on how to sort the iCloud issue with Clover
I did a clean Yosemite install as per the guide then used the migration Assistant to bring over all my settings and apps from a Time machine Backup.

I'll keep digging, but any help and info as to if the "config.plist not found " and iCloud login issue are connected would be appreciated.

Oh hell Oh hell !! I just found this thread

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP7.1

Looks very much like getting the App store/ iCloud/ iMessage etc is far far harder than getting the OS installed and running by a massive magnitudeMy Clover Configurator comes up with no config plist loading and there is just so much info on here about it and massive mulit 100's of pages threads about this, I can't even see where to start to get this working.

Thanks,
sorry I never said that earlier, I just got it on with the install.

All working perfectly with a few false starts. Seems that it is impossible to get to the Installation screen when first booting from the created (2b method) USB boot stick , if ANY peripherals are connected to the laptop during initial boot. All that I was getting was the grey/white blank scree and the mouse cursor,

WiFi / BT /Sound fixed with on second boot with Kext Wizard and all hardware working.

The current issue is the "This Apple ID is valid but not an iCloud account.
Also i get config.plist not found in Clover Configurator
Clover version 3193
So that is the job for today, scan the multiple threads I have found on the iCloud subject and find one relevant to Clover, most seem to be concerning previous bot loaders. not yet found any info on how to sort the iCloud issue with Clover
I did a clean Yosemite install as per the guide then used the migration Assistant to bring over all my settings and apps from a Time machine Backup.

I'll keep digging, but any help and info as to if the "config.plist not found " and iCloud login issue are connected would be appreciated.

Read the guide again, you have to mount EFI partition before opening config.plist, because config.plist is located in EFI partition.

About iCloud, just create a new one.

Oh hell Oh hell !! I just found this threadhttp://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP7.1Looks very much like getting the App store/ iCloud/ iMessage etc is far far harder than getting the OS installed and running by a massive magnitudeMy Clover Configurator comes up with no config plist loading and there is just so much info on here about it and massive mulit 100's of pages threads about this, I can't even see where to start to get this working.

iMessage is not as hard as iCloud. Make sure you follow #1 correctly, include step 16. You should create a new iCloud account.

Read the guide again, you have to mount EFI partition before opening config.plist, because config.plist is located in EFI partition.

But then all the purchases etc from the App store all the synchronisation between the other mac and iPad, iPhone etc is lost.

Have to get my original one running, no use just creating a new one

Mine is obviously not. The one from your signature probably is...

I wrote all the compatible wifi card in #1 already. It's your fault ignore it!

But then all the purchases etc from the App store all the synchronisation between the other mac and iPad, iPhone etc is lost.

Have to get my original one running, no use just creating a new one

Back