Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Check again now, I had some trouble with Dropbox.

OK. Looks good now. For clarity, I would set Graphics/DualLink=1 for the high res configs. Just in case someone gets the (not so) wise idea to Inject/Intel=true.

Managed to install Yosemite when it was released with no issues, changed Smbios to Macbook Air 5,2 to get WIFI working.

Tried to do the same on ym new Hard Drive but I must be doing something wrong. Yosemite installed fine but I can't for the life of me changed the Smbios. Every time I change it in Clover Configurator, It doesn't boot and I have to put the original config.plsit back.

The 'new' config.plist looks completely different to the original so I've got to be doing something wrong, but all I did was create a new Smbios in CC and add it to the config.plist. Was that correct?

Attachments

• config.plist
    12 KB · Views: 210
  • CLOVER.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 61
Managed to install Yosemite when it was released with no issues, changed Smbios to Macbook Air 5,2 to get WIFI working.

Tried to do the same on ym new Hard Drive but I must be doing something wrong. Yosemite installed fine but I can't for the life of me changed the Smbios. Every time I change it in Clover Configurator, It doesn't boot and I have to put the original config.plsit back.

The 'new' config.plist looks completely different to the original so I've got to be doing something wrong, but all I did was create a new Smbios in CC and add it to the config.plist. Was that correct?

No, you have to import and edit, like you did with a document file.

Hi, I used to have a MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS on my 4x40s Sandy Bridge (to avoid using GenericUSBXCHI). I removed the "config.plist" file accidentally and the newest PBI CE generates a MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS. I need a MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS. Should I generate one using Clover Configurator? If yes, should I use Year of Manufacturer 2012? Does the Week of Manufacturer and Unit Number matter or they can be random? I would be grateful for any suggestion. Thank you.

cloverconfig.png

Hi, I used to have a MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS on my 4x40s Sandy Bridge (to avoid using GenericUSBXCHI). I removed the "config.plist" file accidentally and the newest PBI CE generates a MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS. I need a MacBookPro9,2 SMBIOS. Should I generate one using Clover Configurator? If yes, should I use Year of Manufacturer 2012? Does the Week of Manufacturer and Unit Number matter or they can be random? I would be grateful for any suggestion. Thank you.

View attachment 111425

Any will work.

No, you have to import and edit, like you did with a document file.
As in importing the config.plist in Clover Configurator then editing the Smbios in Clover Configurator?
Or opening the Config.plist in text wrangler and editing the Smbios there?

As in importing the config.plist in Clover Configurator then editing the Smbios in Clover Configurator?

either

*edit, or at least it used to be that way.. you can edit it in text edit or Xcode if your having trouble with cc..
I used to just use the magic wand button in smbios section of cc.

in text edit, section is at bottom "<key>SMBIOS</key>"

The former. It's only a document file.

Back