Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Clover should be able to boot Windows in legacy mode when it is on a separate disk (provided you boot the correct entry and have the Clover legacy options set correctly).

But I would convert everything to UEFI. Life is too short to use legacy booting when you don't have to.

Ah okay, so it looks like I should basically reinstall Windows 10, fortunately I didn't install anything on this partition as I had a feeling I would have to do something with it.

It is amazing how much trouble I am having with this, when you'd imagine installation for Mac OS X requires more steps would be far complicatd, I doubt I'd even use Windows other than for the software used in my classes... ugh late night frustration... :(

Hi, I have a problem on Windows that makes me think OS X is the source of this problem, let me explain :

When I installed OS X for the first time, I also installed Windows 10 and Linux Mint. From this moment, I started to have touchpad issues on Windows. When I scroll, sometimes it will works properly, sometimes it will zoom/unzoom, and most of the time it will do nothing. To partially solve it, I have to put Windows in sleep mode and wake it and then it will works properly.

After a few months, I had a problem with Linux that forced me to reinstall all my operating systems, and as I had a problem with the installation of OS X, I skipped it and only reinstalled Windows and Linux.

From this moment, the problem was gone. But yesterday, I took the time to reinstall OS X, then I reinstalled Windows and the problem was back.

So I guess the problem is related to OS X, I don't see how and why but that's my only explanation... And I still haven't been able to really solve it so if you have any idea...

have Hp probook 4540s i7-3632Qm. I have already installed windows 8.1 in partition C. Can I install Os x in partition D without deleting windows?

have Hp probook 4540s i7-3632Qm. I have already installed windows 8.1 in partition C. Can I install Os x in partition D without deleting windows?

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Summary:
- OS X requires GPT, so if your Windows install is legacy, must convert to UEFI/GPT
- OS X doesn't like the MSR partition, so you have to remove it
- OS X requires 200+mb EFI partition, so if yours is smaller, must increase the size

I want to install osx el capitan on GA-
EP43T-S3L with intel Xeon E5450 can you help me

Off-topic. Desktop questions should be asked in the appropriate desktop forum.

Last edited:
Back