Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi, I have perfect installation for Yosemite, after upgrade to El Capitan. I find problem with usb and ran HP Probook Installer. When finish I make restart. Clover is starting, Apple logo is going and when finish I have black screen. Some help. Thanks

Hi, I have perfect installation for Yosemite, after upgrade to El Capitan. I find problem with usb and ran HP Probook Installer. When finish I make restart. Clover is starting, Apple logo is going and when finish I have black screen. Some help. Thanks

Try booting without caches. Then rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Then reboot.

(Note: it is step #14).

Otherwise, boot with USB, update Clover and IntelBacklight.kext. Repeat above.

If you're getting "fade to black" make sure you press your brightness up key.

Try booting without caches. Then rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Then reboot.

(Note: it is step #14).

Otherwise, boot with USB, update Clover and IntelBacklight.kext. Repeat above.

If you're getting "fade to black" make sure you press your brightness up key.

Thanks for replay

I but without caches but same situation like normal boot.
Everything going like usual till the moment when need to see my desktop
screen.but in this moment laptop working and scream is black like shutdown.also second screen is dark-no signal

i make some problem with
HP Probook Installer
I update El Capitan before 2-3 months and working till now (before run
HP Prebook Installer)

Thanks for replay

I but without caches but same situation like normal boot.
Everything going like usual till the moment when need to see my desktop
screen.but in this moment laptop working and scream is black like shutdown.also second screen is dark-no signal

i make some problem with
HP Probook Installer
I update El Capitan before 2-3 months and working till now (before run
HP Prebook Installer)

Did you remember to remove BrcmPatchRAM.kext per update guide?

Can you boot with USB? Maybe you made incorrect selections in PBI.

Did you remember to remove BrcmPatchRAM.kext per update guide?

Can you boot with USB? Maybe you made incorrect selections in PBI.

Sorry i don't understand what is BrcmPatchRAM?
For boot with usb i
need to prepare usb like in first installation?
I am sure i make some mess with PBI ,i think something with resolution

Do i need to start preparing USB boot like first installation for fix my problem?

Sorry i don't understand what is BrcmPatchRAM?
For boot with usb i
need to prepare usb like in first installation?
I am sure i make some mess with PBI ,i think something with resolution

Do i need to start preparing USB boot like first installation for fix my problem?

BrcmPatchRAM.kext is used on 10.10 and prior. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext is used on 10.11 and newer.

If your BrcmPatchRAM.kext is an old version it may hang when installed with 10.11.

It is covered in the upgrade guide.

See guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

The guide also has instructions for preparing a USB, although they assume Yosemite Disk Utility.

The Clover guide linked from the FAQ will work with any OS X and is generic enough to work with the Probooks.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I don't know why you're posting in the Yosemite forum with El Capitan issues.

Your 8460p must have DisplayPort. Use it instead of HDMI...

Hi RehabMan, OK I am stupid... I had no idea what a Display Port was, until I saw one in use on a business trip... so wind forward and many spare hours in a hotel room with nothing to do and I have a working Hackintosh! Graphics was a pain for a while, but now resolved fine.. only the WiFi to crack now... :beachball:

Many thanks for your help! :thumbup::headbang:

I've got a ProBook 4440s i3-2370 2.4GHz Sandy Bridge Processor. Everything works great, but graphics is spotty. If I boot using the USB installer, it'll boot just fine, but after I install either the ProBook Clover Edition Installer or even the original, video fails and I have to use safe mode to get back in unless I use the USB stick again to boot. And on top of that my DSDT is not being generated/patched.

My ProBook is in an odd configuration as I snatched a i3-2370M from an Dell Inspiron, which as an upgrade path works for this ProBook especially coming from a Celeron B840 chip.

I have included the Troubleshooting that is generated from my latest attempt to install the Clover Edition Installer. I did everything short of reinstalling CLOVER.

*EDIT* Well I'm not very smart, I found the dsdt.aml file that was being patched inside my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, but even if I were to reboot, the os boot hangs just before the video initializes, and I have to boot into safe mode inside the same clover boot, or use the usb installer to boot back in.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2016-02-14 11-34.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 85
I've got a ProBook 4440s i3-2370 2.4GHz Sandy Bridge Processor. Everything works great, but graphics is spotty. If I boot using the USB installer, it'll boot just fine, but after I install either the ProBook Clover Edition Installer or even the original, video fails and I have to use safe mode to get back in unless I use the USB stick again to boot. And on top of that my DSDT is not being generated/patched.

My ProBook is in an odd configuration as I snatched a i3-2370M from an Dell Inspiron, which as an upgrade path works for this ProBook especially coming from a Celeron B840 chip.

I have included the Troubleshooting that is generated from my latest attempt to install the Clover Edition Installer. I did everything short of reinstalling CLOVER.

*EDIT* Well I'm not very smart, I found the dsdt.aml file that was being patched inside my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, but even if I were to reboot, the os boot hangs just before the video initializes, and I have to boot into safe mode inside the same clover boot, or use the usb installer to boot back in.

Did you update Clover to latest build and also update IntelBacklight.kext to latest build?

Back