Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

If I get Yosemiti installed, can it then boot with the card installed or will I get the same problem?

It would be neat to be able to predict the future, but sadly I do not have that ability.

This is more an attempt to determine more about what you're doing wrong.

It would be neat to be able to predict the future, but sadly I do not have that ability.

This is more an attempt to determine more about what you're doing wrong.

Thought you could RM:). I the end it is always the man in front of the laptop.

Hi everyone! I’ve got a problem with my probook. Everything works fine after I installed Yosemite and Win 8 (dualboot clover). Recently I updated os X to 10.10.2, updated Clover with Probook installer. Everything works fine until this moment. Then I have repatched DSDT following instructions in Yosemite installation guide. And now I have problem when booting to OS X
IMAG0138.jpgIMAG0139.jpg
Help me plz:rolleyes:

Hi everyone! I’ve got a problem with my probook. Everything works fine after I installed Yosemite and Win 8 (dualboot clover). Recently I updated os X to 10.10.2, updated Clover with Probook installer. Everything works fine until this moment. Then I have repatched DSDT following instructions in Yosemite installation guide. And now I have problem when booting to OS X
View attachment 131680View attachment 131681

Read the RED text in post #1.

View attachment 131680View attachment 131681

Probably wrong settíng in PBI CE. Boot from USB and run again.

Hi everyone. I'm trying to install yosemite on hp probook 4440s.

I've created clover usb using mavericks on virtualbox, and then suceeded to boot from usb with clover uefi (step 6 in this guide).

I've formatted disk drive to GPT, create partitions, but when I choose install yosemite, the option available is "re-install OS X Yosemite" and not "install OS X Yosemite".

I chose reinstall OS X Yosemite, it asks for internet connection (I plugged in LAN) saying "to download and restore OS X, your computer eligibility will be verified with Apple". Chose OK, then it tries connecting to apple until it fails to connect.

==

So does it matter that it says "re-install OS X Yosemite" and not "install OS X Yosemite" on bootscreen?
Please help me on this.

Hi everyone. I'm trying to install yosemite on hp probook 4440s.

I've created clover usb using mavericks on virtualbox, and then suceeded to boot from usb with clover uefi (step 6 in this guide).

I've formatted disk drive to GPT, create partitions, but when I choose install yosemite, the option available is "re-install OS X Yosemite" and not "install OS X Yosemite".

I chose reinstall OS X Yosemite, it asks for internet connection (I plugged in LAN) saying "to download and restore OS X, your computer eligibility will be verified with Apple". Chose OK, then it tries connecting to apple until it fails to connect.

==

So does it matter that it says "re-install OS X Yosemite" and not "install OS X Yosemite" on bootscreen?
Please help me on this.
You did something wrong in step 2b. Try again until you see Install.

Remove the BT/WiFi device from the laptop. Retry.

I did as you asked RM.

I now see as shown in the picture. This is after 15 mins waiting and the light on the USB stick shows no activity.

Attachments

• 20150326_123638_resized.jpg
    20150326_123638_resized.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 86
I did as you asked RM.

I now see as shown in the picture. This is after 15 mins waiting and the light on the USB stick shows no activity.

Re-download from the Mac App Store. Re-create USB on actual hardware (not VM).

Back