Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

"5. Can't use VGA port with HD4000 or above

Use a Displayport-to-VGA or HDMI-to-VGA adapter, both work fine."

I am using a display port adaptor on my HP 8470p. The adaptor is hp made. The mac sees a display there but no output, tried many lcd monitors. I believe there is one one config list for list model. I did try others.

I used the adaptor on a HP 8460p and it worked with HD3000.

Any thoughts ?

How can i post it? I have downloaded the file from dropbox. And copied it to my clover partiton at the usb stick. And then i copied the config.plists.

when i start it from clover partition i have loop (you can see it in my first post with screenshots).

i have now on my probook win 8.1 and i changed my bios settings with the settings in the instruction.

sorry for my bad english:thumbup:

Hello kill4you

which Wifi mPCI Card you have?

If it is the Original remove it and try again and post the result

what language do you speak?

Sorry for my bad English :thumbup:

Hi Y'all!I have recently installed OS X Yosemite on my Probook 6460b. Everything went great, I used PBI CE to finalize my installation with everything recommend in post 1.Then I restarted to see if i could boot from the HDD, and it worked! Except for that i have 4 of the same screens on my one screen. Help please! 4Screens.jpgView attachment Troubleshooting 2015-03-13 07-57.zip

Edit:
Did a fresh install and everything works fine...
Thanks for the great guide!!!

How can i post it? I have downloaded the file from dropbox. And copied it to my clover partiton at the usb stick. And then i copied the config.plists.

when i start it from clover partition i have loop (you can see it in my first post with screenshots).

i have now on my probook win 8.1 and i changed my bios settings with the settings in the instruction.

sorry for my bad english:thumbup:

ZIP it and upload as attachment.

Hi Y'all!I have recently installed OS X Yosemite on my Probook 6460b. Everything went great, I used PBI CE to finalize my installation with everything recommend in post 1.Then I restarted to see if i could boot from the HDD, and it worked! Except for that i have 4 of the same screens on my one screen. Help please!View attachment 130198View attachment 130199

Edit:
Did a fresh install and everything works fine...
Thanks for the great guide!!!

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hello kill4you

which Wifi mPCI Card you have?

If it is the Original remove it and try again and post the result

what language do you speak?

Sorry for my bad English :thumbup:

Hi,

i speak German.
Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter
Yes all the kind is original on my 450 G2.

Hi Guys,

I've recently bought an 8570p i7 (3520m) Laptop with AMD 7570M Graphics (only) and HD+ resolution (1600px).

I tried to install 10.10 with the newest guide from here, like i already did successfully on my i5 8460p.
But the Installation stuck with black (blank) screen after verbose mode.
I already tried creating the usb device in manual way like it is described in the guide. No Chance.

I also tried the boot argument "dart=0" and "VT-d" is disabled. Pluggin a HDMI Monitor doesn't work either.

Here is my EFI Folder: View attachment EFI.zip

Really hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Install on my Elitebook 8460p. Everything works but wifi does'nt. My wifi card is Intel Centrino Advaned-N 6205. Tell me how to fix it, plz. Thank you.
[h=3][/h]

Install on my Elitebook 8460p. Everything works but wifi does'nt. My wifi card is Intel Centrino Advaned-N 6205. Tell me how to fix it, plz. Thank you.

Have a look at post #1 ... Intel WiFi cards are not supported!

Back