Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

I stopped working external monitor connected via HDMI after installing the HP ProBook Installer. What do I do?

Try removing the VGA patch from config.plist.

Where can I find this file and what exactly is from it should be removed?

Look in KextsToPatch inside config.plist on your EFI partition. You will find a patch for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB. Disable it by changing the kext name slightly (eg. disabled_AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB).

It is a good idea to be familiar with the software you're using: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Ok Thks, my signature is good now
An idea for my uSB ports ?

Hi all.

After somes tests again, no crazy mouse or reboots using battery only, But i decided to do a fresh install.

But how to ? have to erase Yosemite partition (by keep Windows one) and instal yosemite or using another way ? cause when i try to erase the partition with diskutility it freeze at "erasing the volume" but nothing happen, i waited 15-20min....

Any way to do a fresh instal keeping my windows partition ?

Thx

Ok Thks, my signature is good now
An idea for my uSB ports ?

Your signature lacks screen resolution (we know the chipset is HM65).

Does your laptop have USB3?

Hi all.

After somes tests again, no crazy mouse or reboots using battery only, But i decided to do a fresh install.

But how to ? have to erase Yosemite partition (by keep Windows one) and instal yosemite or using another way ? cause when i try to erase the partition with diskutility it freeze at "erasing the volume" but nothing happen, i waited 15-20min....

Any way to do a fresh instal keeping my windows partition ?

Thx

Make sure you don't have an MSR partition from installing Windows...

More info here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Wait for 30 minutes.

Or try a better flash drive.

I waited. I went out to work for 7 hours and came back. All done.

But, now I have a new problem. My 4530s has an upgraded 1080p screen. I selected the closest config file (HD3000 1600x900+) when setting up the USB. Problem is, when trying to install OS X I have the fuzzy screen, horizontal lines and one vertical blue line down he middle (see attachment). Normally (as in previously when I installed older versions of OS X) I either muddle through or plug into my TV using hdmi. Now though, I seem to have no windows on screen and plugging in to the TV using hdmi just gives me a blank grey screen.

What's wrong now?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 87
I waited. I went out to work for 7 hours and came back. All done.

But, now I have a new problem. My 4530s has an upgraded 1080p screen. I selected the closest config file when setting up the USB. Problem is, when trying to install OS X I have the fuzzy screen, horizontal lines and one vertical blue line down he middle (see attachment). Normally (as in previously when I installed older versions of OS X) I either muddle through or plug into my TV using hdmi. Now though, I seem to have no windows on screen and plugging in to the TV using hdmi just gives me a blank grey screen.

What's wrong now?

Post your EFI folder.

Back