Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hello, I have an EliteBook 8540p, detailed specs are attached. This model doesn't seem to be very common. I did a lot of search but didn't find an exact match. There is a "UEFI Boot Mode" in the BIOS, should I enable it? I tried to follow your procedure but you don't seem to have a config for my Graphic card (NVIDIA NVS 5100M).

I would really appreciate being directed to the right procedure to install Yosemite on it.

Thank you.

The laptops supported by the ProBook Installer are listed in post #1.

Yours is not one of them.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to this thread. Followed it to the "T" and got Yosemite working. The only hiccup was I was stuck in a blank screen for a bit after initial boot from USB after following the 2b directions. Turns out that the USB port I was using was not giving enough power?? I was originally using the USB port on the left side closest to me and moved it to the 2nd port further away and that got me straight to the install screen.

Only thing left is the get facetime/imessage to work plus continuity/handoff (new wifi card is in the mail from Germany)

... plus continuity/handoff (new wifi card is in the mail from Germany)

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a WiFi card with those capabilities that passes the 4530s BIOS whitelist.

so this isn't accurate?

4. Can't use Continuity/Handoff

You have to get iMessage/FaceTime work first, and have to use a Broadcom 43224HMS/43225HMB/4352HMB Wifi card with working Bluetooth. Additionally, you must have the config.plist generated by latest PBI CE.

so this isn't accurate?

4. Can't use Continuity/Handoff

You have to get iMessage/FaceTime work first, and have to use a Broadcom 43224HMS/43225HMB/4352HMB Wifi card with working Bluetooth. Additionally, you must have the config.plist generated by latest PBI CE.

Read post #1 carefully. The 4530s cannot use those WiFi cards.

so if I'm reading that correctly those cards will work with either a 7 or 8 series supported laptop?

Yes. Because those laptops do not have a whitelist.

Hi guys, i tried to install yosemite followed the guide on my probook 6460b, how can I verify if all components are working well?

And for the wifi card, I found on eBay for few euro "HP ProBook 6445B Series Wireless WiFi Card 582564-001"
View attachment 116388

is ok?

Sorry for my bad english
up

Hi guys, i tried to install yosemite followed the guide on my probook 6460b, how can I verify if all components are working well?

And for the wifi card, I found on eBay for few euro "HP ProBook 6445B Series Wireless WiFi Card 582564-001"
View attachment 116388

is ok?

Sorry for my bad english

Does the part# match?

Back