Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Little Feedback:
Sound wasn't working, but the guide , at step 14, say to rebuild cache/repair permission: this solve problem.

hello, can you please tell me exactly how did you do step 14 because I tried so many times but i cant get sound, brightness control and USB 3.0 to work :( ?

hello, can you please tell me exactly how did you do step 14 because I tried so many times but i cant get sound, brightness control and USB 3.0 to work :( ?

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic. Install it to /usr/bin.

In terminal,
Code:
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

---

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

It can work with multiple drives.

:D Ok Guys, I installed Yosemite using this method and is working well. But when i installed the clover boot loader and restart it get stuck in apple logo, then i restard again and boot just fine, but when the session open the chameleon wizard open automatically and send me a message trying to install Xcode. Notice that i don`t know what to add to the config file. Any help?

Now i wan`t to install windows in one partition of my 2tb hdd (i also have an
rtfs partition there to for storage files), i need to format the hdd as GUID? Or i just need to install windows UEFI?

PLEASE HELP! Now i try to boot my yosemite installation but it stuck on the apple logo, then it change for a stop symbol. It happen after i installed the video drivers for and. I used this driver several times with my other yosemite installations and runs like a charm. I don`t know what is happen now. Anyone?

:D Ok Guys, I installed Yosemite using this method and is working well. But when i installed the clover boot loader and restart it get stuck in apple logo, then i restard again and boot just fine, but when the session open the chameleon wizard open automatically and send me a message trying to install Xcode. Notice that i don`t know what to add to the config file. Any help?

Now i wan`t to install windows in one partition of my 2tb hdd (i also have an
rtfs partition there to for storage files), i need to format the hdd as GUID? Or i just need to install windows UEFI?

Why do you have Chameleon Wizard running at startup?

Did you follow the guide for converting to Clover prior to updating to Yosemite?

Why do you have Chameleon Wizard running at startup?

Did you follow the guide for converting to Clover prior to updating to Yosemite?

Thanks for answer! I don`t know why chameleon wizard is running at startup, I use clover to instal yosemite.
After all I install the and drivers that i use overtime to get working the graphics acceleration, then i restart the system and now is stuck in the apple logo. I don`know what to do. I run the installer again and use the disk utility to verify the drive and it found an error in the refi partition of the system. Can i just click repair or theres something more to do about that?

Thanks for answer! I don`t know why chameleon wizard is running at startup, I use clover to instal yosemite.
After all I install the and drivers that i use overtime to get working the graphics acceleration, then i restart the system and now is stuck in the apple logo. I don`know what to do. I run the installer again and use the disk utility to verify the drive and it found an error in the refi partition of the system. Can i just click repair or theres something more to do about that?

Re-run PBI Clover according to the guide (including DSDT with F4 at Clover screen, etc.). Use your USB to boot if necessary. If still not working, post troubleshooting files.

Hi
Dear RehabMan and other Friends, I have problem .After successful installation now I can connected to the internet with network cable but Despite searching WiFi network operating system can not detect my wifi...! what do i do !? :banghead: please help me.

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 3.02.29 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-20 at 3.02.56 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-10-20 at 3.03.16 PM.jpg

Hi,

i already installed Mavericks with clover after this guide. Now i try to update to Yosemite. I tried Method a and b for creating USB Stick. With both methods Yosemite starts, until i get a fault screen in verbose mode. The fault text ist here. Thank you for help.

Attachments

• Fehler.txt
    8 KB · Views: 251
You must have partitioned/formatted the stick incorrectly. The Microsoft tool definitely works -- I've used it many, many times without issue on a variety of computers (including both 4530s/4540s).

I FINALLY managed to install windows using the microsoft USB downloader tool. I had Mac and Windows working with dual boot in Clover.

The next day (today), I booted up the computer, however Clover didn't show up it just booted straight into Mac. So I rebooted and once again Clover didn't show up except this time it booted straight into windows.

I've tried everything to get into clover.

In this guide in the "Install Windows UEFI as dual boot" step 5 says it clover disappers to hit f9 and choose boot from EFI file and select /EFI/Clover/CLOVERX64.efi. - When I do this, the laptop still boots into windows.

Step 7 states to ensure bootmgfw.efi is renamed to bootmgfw-orig.efi. I mounted my efi parition in windows and I can confirm that bootmgfw.efi is still renamed to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

I've tried all the .efi files I can find in the efi parition, but they all boot straight into windows.

Any ideas what has gone wrong or how to fix it?

Back