Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Hi Rehabman and forum people! :headbang: Love what your doing!

SOooo I've been setting up my machine, and have run into some issues I can't seem to resolve. Have been reading everything I can find :crazy:, and between that which I can understand have come to the conclusion that I need help! :banghead:

On my Probook 4440s with a i3 Sandy bridge, I've been trying to install Yosemite using this guide. I've done everything 100% exactly as you suggested, but have run into this problem. The screen works fine until I run the probook installer utility. I select the correct model from the drop-down menu and all the options you mention in this guide (the 4x40s model stuff under 'high resolution screen' and all the other things ie UEFI etc).

View attachment 115702

I've tried 2a and 2b install methods, with the appropriate config.plist file (HD3000 1366x768 on 7-series chipset), and for thoroughness tried the other resolution and different series chipset files too, but that didn't solve the problem (worsened it so had to start over a few times).

I did also try the PC equivalent of SMC reset - battery out, hold power for 30sec. No effect

I also tried resetting my bios and reconfiguring it as you suggest on the guide.

I see a few other people have had the same issue but have not seen a solution.

SO I'm out of options here and am considering trying Mavericks. Before I throw the rope in I thought I'd give this a shot.
Hope you can help...

Your screen is not 'high resolution'...

OMG I just figured it out at the same time you responded, thank you so so much!!!! I thought it had to be something stupid like that
THANKS MAN YOU ROCK

Can I get some help with getting Bluetooth on a broadcom 4352 aw-ce123h card working?.

I'm running dual boot Yosemite and Windows 8.1 on an HP Elitebook 820 in a 120GB intel ssd (60GB each OS).

Bluetooth was not working, and after I contacted the seller, he instructed me to isolate one pin on the wireless card by covering it with tape. After I isolated the pin, I rebooted into Yosemite and the Bluetooth was recognized but at the second reboot the bluetooth was gone. However bluetooth is still working fine in Windows 8.1.

I did installed the optional BTFirmwareUploader in HP Probook Installer and get the message "No Pan Devices Found" in System preferences>Network>Bluetooth PAN

Also, under System preferences>Network>Bluetooth PAN If I click on buttton Setup Bluetooth Device... it shows BLUETOOTH OFF and TURN BLUETOOTH ON button is greyed out.

any ideas?

View attachment Troubleshoot files.zip

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi.

Done that, at least it all seemed to work. Was out last evening so this is the first chance I have had.

Thanks,

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    377.1 KB · Views: 82
I'm stuck on part.2a... I keep getting an unknown command response after pasting and running the script in to the terminal.
I'm using an old 2008 macbook running snow leopard fyi, if that makes a difference ??

I'm stuck on part.2a... I keep getting an unknown command response after pasting and running the script in to the terminal.
I'm using an old 2008 macbook running snow leopard fyi, if that makes a difference ??

You have to download Yosemite first.

Hi.

Done that, at least it all seemed to work. Was out last evening so this is the first chance I have had.

Thanks,

I can see the device in ioreg. But no driver is attached. Try a fresh install and follow the guide exactly.

Hi,

just wanted to say thank you for providing all the information/support and for the Probook Installer!
Today i managed to get everything (besides wlan due to centrino card) running as it should on
my Probook 6560b.

Without your work i would never be able to run Yosemite thats for sure!

Because my '08 macbook is too old to download Yosemite, I've had to grab a copy from a mate. Is there a specific folder it should be in ??

Back