Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I tried but there is no save button.

Export.

BTW, how do I know if the F4 key has been correctly pressed? I got the message from the Installer that it failed because I didn't press F4 at Clover screen.

Check EFI partition to see if native files are in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Perhaps your BIOS reverses the function of F4 and Fn+F4. If so, press Fn+F4.

Export.

Check EFI partition to see if native files are in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Perhaps your BIOS reverses the function of F4 and Fn+F4. If so, press Fn+F4.

I think the problem is due to the 6.2.9 installer, after running it, the EFI volume becomes empty.

I think the problem is due to the 6.2.9 installer, after running it, the EFI volume becomes empty.

If the EFI volume was actually empty, you would not be able to boot into Clover UEFI.

I can boot only with -x (-xcmp doesn't work)

As for DSDT patching either F4 and Fn+F4 dont work, could I just navigate to EFI and delete the DSDT before reboot ?

I can boot only with -x (-xcmp doesn't work)

-xcpm, not -xcmp. You must spell kernel flags correctly for them to be effective. Potentially, you would need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm=true.

As for DSDT patching either F4 and Fn+F4 dont work, could I just navigate to EFI and delete the DSDT before reboot ?

What didn't work about F4/Fn+F4? One of those keys should place files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. Did you check?

Hi,
I've installed Mavericks on 4540s of my colleague. He have the same model of my laptop, the only difference is the CPU, an i5 instead of a i3.

All works fine, but there is only a problem on the USB ports.

If I connect a USB mouse it works on all four ports, but if I connect a USB key, the disk is mounted only if it is connected to a specific port and not on all ports...

How is it possible?

Not enough information.

What kind of USB key is it? Does it happen with both USB2 keys and USB3 keys? Which ports exhibit the problem (USB3 or USB2)?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Hi,

the usb is a Sandisk USB 2 8HB with Clover and Mavericks installer that I've used to install the PC. When I boot from USB key it works in all ports, but when I boot from HD the USB key was recognized in one port only.

The working port is one of the two USB 2 in the right side. The two USB 3 ports in the left side don't works.

This is the ioreg file:
View attachment Antonio’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Hi,

the usb is a Sandisk USB 2 8HB with Clover and Mavericks installer that I've used to install the PC. When I boot from USB key it works in all ports, but when I boot from HD the USB key was recognized in one port only.

The working port is one of the two USB 2 in the right side. The two USB 3 ports in the left side don't works.

This is the ioreg file:
View attachment 105158
Please post your EFI/CLOVER and /var/log/install.log.

If your DSDT is not patched, you can't have everything working.

Your friend's laptop is using a SandyBridge CPU, I think it make a big difference.

To try with USB ports, open the kexts/other folder in USB, you will see GenericUSBXHCI kext. Copy it to 10.9 folder and reboot.

I tried with GenericUSBXHCI.kext in 10.9 folder. With this solution the mouse has stopped to work in all ports and works in one port only, like the USB key :(

Back