Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I indeed forgot about pressing F4 on boot screen.
I try again with F4, it worked flawlessly.
Sorry for the useless post...:oops:

Nothing obviously wrong wrt graphics/brightness. You should do a fresh install to see if you can reproduce the problem.

Hmmm.... I noticed my system were excruciatingly slow with brew -ing some stuff, CPU in 25% system time, I decided to do a few things to cleanup my system:
- tmutil disablelocal #This is to turn off the local/mobilebackups of data while not connected to time machine
- repaired permissions using diskutil
- mdutil -i off -a #turning off all disk indexing
- rebooted system.... and then everything just went back to full speed: nearly instant wake-up after sleep and fast

- re-enabled indexing and local mobilebackups and everything still fast, so perhaps I needed a proper power off restart...

Is anyone using the built-in bluetooth on a Ivy bridge model with a keyboard and a magic trackpad?
My 6470b has a Broadcom 20702A3 adapter (v14 c4096) and the keyboard and trackpad are both very laggy.

Hello, I want to ask, can I use this guide with retail DVD? Or maybe there is other way to put mavericks installer on flash drive without actual mac?

Is anyone using the built-in bluetooth on a Ivy bridge model with a keyboard and a magic trackpad?
My 6470b has a Broadcom 20702A3 adapter (v14 c4096) and the keyboard and trackpad are both very laggy.

Mount EFI partition, then use Kext Wizard to install /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/BTFirmwareUploader.kext to /S/L/E, then remove BTFirmwareUploader in 10.9 folder.

Hello, I want to ask, can I use this guide with retail DVD?

There is no such thing as a "Retail Mavericks DVD"...

Or maybe there is other way to put mavericks installer on flash drive without actual mac?

You need a Mac or working hack in order to download Mavericks from the Mac App Store. One way is to purchase a Snow Leopard DVD from Apple, and install/upgrade to 10.6.8 so you can access the Mac App Store and create your USB.

Thanks for the fast answer, i'll search for Mac then.

Just reveived the EDiMAX EW-7811Un. Works great! Thanks for your help.

For what its worth, I would highly recommend replacing the internal card over using USB WiFi. The Edimax EW-7811Un is one of the more reliable ones (I have one), but still a pain to use. Built-in supported WiFi is better. Much better.

please help me with this situation on 4540s:
-Mavericks runs on SSD
-Windows 8.1 runs on HDD
Both were able to duaboot with Clover. EFI is located in SSD.

Yesterday, Mavericks partition failed and I had to restore the whole SSD from image. And then I cannot see Windows in Clover boot screen anymore.
The image I used must have been taken before I installed Windows 8.1.
So, is there any way to add Windows to EFI, or I have to reinstall Windows again ?

And one more thing, now even when I set the Boot Timeout to 0, the Clover screen still show up no matter what.

Back