Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Yup. Although I prefer the bluemac theme. Both of these themes suffer from one problem, however. The indication of selection is too slight, and one cannot determine at a glance which icon is selected. Only by moving the selection can it be determined what you're going to get after you hit enter.

Fixed.

That is better... nice work. Wish I knew something about graphic design, but I have to admit I suck at that...

I'll have to see about scaling the bluemac theme (still like it better)...

I don't know if others experienced this, but on my hackpro I have my native windows installation partition titled "Untitled" when OSX loads. In other words, my windows partition (different HDD) in Lion on my hackpro is Untitled. I can't believe I didn't think to name the USB stick partition a different name (Like, oh "Untitled L") and reflect it accordingly in the terminal script. Now my windows partition is overwritten with Install OS X Mavericks. Damnmn~!

I don't blame anyone but myself, I can't believe I didn't think about it. Only a few headache files are lost, most stuff is backed up (except for two things which will take a few days to rewrite) nothing crucial, but...anyway, just a suggestion...

I don't know if others experienced this, but on my hackpro I have my native windows installation partition titled "Untitled" when OSX loads. In other words, my windows partition (different HDD) in Lion on my hackpro is Untitled. I can't believe I didn't think to name the USB stick partition a different name (Like, oh "Untitled L") and reflect it accordingly in the terminal script. Now my windows partition is overwritten with Install OS X Mavericks. Damnmn~!

I don't blame anyone but myself, I can't believe I didn't think about it. Only a few headache files are lost, most stuff is backed up (except for two things which will take a few days to rewrite) nothing crucial, but...anyway, just a suggestion...

So you ran createinstallmedia with the target as your Windows volume. Ouch.

I know that when I first did my Clover install following the guide in post #1, I did not leave the volume at 'Untitled' because it seemed lazy and dangerous. That said, I always add volume names to my Windows system volumes, such that they display with something other than blank in Windows and something other than Untitled in OS X.

RehabMan, I noticed that my laptop gets a little warmer in regular use, and this was not happening with earlier version of probook patches (DSDT). This problem existed before, when the leftpalm rest gets hotter and hotter but after you did some modifications inside the patching of DSDT the problem disappeared.

At the moment I'm using F43 bios and the readings only fan patch.

I have a ProBook 4540s.

After sleep and reverting to web browsing and some folder copying the laptop jumped very fast at 50 degrees and remained there. Before it stayed at 42 degrees and the laftpalm rest was like the right one. (cold).

RehabMan, I noticed that my laptop gets a little warmer in regular use, and this was not happening with earlier version of probook patches (DSDT). This problem existed before, when the leftpalm rest gets hotter and hotter but after you did some modifications inside the patching of DSDT the problem disappeared.

At the moment I'm using F43 bios and the readings only fan patch.

I have a ProBook 4540s.

After sleep and reverting to web browsing and some folder copying the laptop jumped very fast at 50 degrees and remained there. Before it stayed at 42 degrees and the laftpalm rest was like the right one. (coldt ).

I have the same Problem, It started just after Installing PBI 6.1.11 & using HPFanReset.efi

It also acts unusual. sometimes the fan speed in HWMonitor is not shown. It shows " - ". Sometimes the speed is fixed with no change. I tried re-patching the DSDT but it didn't help.

It also acts unusual. sometimes the fan speed in HWMonitor is not shown. It shows " - ". Sometimes the speed is fixed with no change. I tried re-patching the DSDT but it didn't help.

It shows "-" when the fan is off, by design. The displayed speed will reflect the fan's actual speed. The speed will not change unless the temperatures require it.

Back