Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

ok, perhaps im not being patient enough.. strssful evening, ill try again tomorrow, ill have time to reinstall again if i have to.

Im not sure if time machine gives me an option to restore only certain parts of the backup?

cheers for your help again rm, its much appreciated.

You might be able to use find to search inside your /S/L/E:
Code:
# in Terminal
find /System/Library/Extensions -type d | grep -y nullcpu

I already found it, and removed it, since then I cant boot lol

Power management/ssdt/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext patching issue then... Depends on the details in the panic.

Power management/ssdt/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext patching issue then... Depends on the details in the panic.

Thats what I'm guessing, but i have limited knowledge..

I'm not having a great deal of luck, recovery wont let me reinstall, nor will my timemachine backup work lol

Thats what I'm guessing, but i have limited knowledge..

I'm not having a great deal of luck, recovery wont let me reinstall, nor will my timemachine backup work lol

Recovery does not work for re-installs (known issue), only for other recovery tasks...

For re-install use a USB as post #1 outlines.

GUI FOR CLOVER?

Please could anyone point me to a GUI or other means of managing Clover boot pointers, so I can manage them?

GUI FOR CLOVER?

Please could anyone point me to a GUI or other means of managing Clover boot pointers, so I can manage them?

boot pointers? I don't understand exactly.

boot pointers? I don't understand exactly.
Hi, Nguyen, I have followed your guide and it has worked very well. So well that I have even managed to install Parallels in OSX.

When I set the system up according to your instructions, my (limited) understanding is that "somehow" Clover knows where to gets its EFI boot file for differing systems (like Linux, OSX, Windows) according to what has been typed in. I assume Clover loads up the boot file linked to the text description on the screen at boot time.

If I wanted to change this text description (for example), or get Parallels to go directly to the Windows EFI boot file (as at present Parallels does go to Windows, but only after a "Parallels EFI" "boot error" [after which, I select the Windows EFI icon, and it does boot]) I was wondering if there is some sort of GUI-based utility like EasyBCD (for Windows) that would be able to see what the different boot options were at a glance, and see the text and description for a given boot option (Linux, OSX, etc., whatever is installed).

The term "boot pointers" may be incorrect but the paragraph above is what I am after.

Hi, Nguyen, I have followed your guide and it has worked very well. So well that I have even managed to install Parallels in OSX.

When I set the system up according to your instructions, my (limited) understanding is that "somehow" Clover knows where to gets its EFI boot file for differing systems (like Linux, OSX, Windows) according to what has been typed in. I assume Clover loads up the boot file linked to the text description on the screen at boot time.

If I wanted to change this text description (for example), or get Parallels to go directly to the Windows EFI boot file (as at present Parallels does go to Windows, but only after a "Parallels EFI" "boot error" [after which, I select the Windows EFI icon, and it does boot]) I was wondering if there is some sort of GUI-based utility like EasyBCD (for Windows) that would be able to see what the different boot options were at a glance, and see the text and description for a given boot option (Linux, OSX, etc., whatever is installed).

The term "boot pointers" may be incorrect but the paragraph above is what I am after.

Clover scans UEFI entries at boot. It will find /EFI/Boot/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi or /EFI/Boot/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw-orig.efi and show it as "Windows" entry, or \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi as "OS X" entry. You can customize those entry by follow "Custom entry" in OP. You can get Parallels to boot directly to Windows by setting Boot/Default Boot Volume in config.plist to "EFI", and reduce timeout.

Back