Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I've removed those two entries (creating a backup of config.plist first) and restarted, same effect as before, only 8x and 24x.

Check "Drop OEM" in SSDT, then restart. If you still have those problems, post your Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log

Check "Drop OEM" in SSDT, then restart. If you still have those problems, post your Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log

Tried that with the following configs..

generate p and c states unchecked, ssdt.aml in place.

generate p and c states checked, ssdt.aml removed.

no change..

heres my boot.log

thanks, if that doesn't help, ill create ioreg like RM mentioned see if anything is explained there

View attachment boot.log

View attachment rob’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Tried that with the following configs..

generate p and c states unchecked, ssdt.aml in place.

generate p and c states checked, ssdt.aml removed.

no change..

heres my boot.log

thanks, if that doesn't help, ill create ioreg like RM mentioned see if anything is explained there

View attachment 74838

View attachment 74870

You have NullCPUPowerManagement installed.

really?

why on earth would i have that lol, that wouldn't even get installed during a new setup would it?

I had Appleintelcpumanagement.kext in EXTRA.. not sure what, but I can't find Nullcpupowermanagement.kext anywhwhere in SLE?

removed that and restarted, but i understand EXTRA is ignored with clover anyway..

Ive mounted EFI, and searched for nullcpu in there too, still can't find it

So, Ive searched in the IOReg, I see where you mean i think..

CFBundleidentifier
IOCLAss

both contain nullcpupowermanagement..

but i cannot find that kext

Is it the applecpupowermanagement kext that needs replacing?

I'm pretty sure that was extracted from mavericks install.app

just confirmed that is where I extracted it from, its the same file, same version, date modified time etc..

I must admit, I'm slightly confused, I doth think the pro book installer, or anything related to installing clover in this guide points you to, or links you to nullcpupowermanagement being installed, I certainly wouldn't of gone out of my way to find it and install it knowing I don't want or need it?

I still can't find the kext on my system either?

edit* kext wizard tells me it is loaded too.. but why can't i find it? even with show files turned on?

found it, I used another means to create a boot up usb when I was testing mavericks beta, that seems to have left a kext with nullcpu.. inside it.

strange, as i thought I had formatted my drive prior to reinstalling, In fact, I know I did.

hmmm

Ill reboot now, see what happens

really?

why on earth would i have that lol, that wouldn't even get installed during a new setup would it?

I had Appleintelcpumanagement.kext in EXTRA.. not sure what, but I can't find Nullcpupowermanagement.kext anywhwhere in SLE?

I'm not sure how you do the same in Clover, but in Chameleon I would tell you to boot "-f" and then look at your bdmesg output to see where NullCPUPowerManagement is hiding. If you don't know how it got there it points to you using methods for creating your USB not recommended at this site.

So, Ive searched in the IOReg, I see where you mean i think..

CFBundleidentifier
IOCLAss

both contain nullcpupowermanagement..

All you have to do is open your ioreg, and search for 'null'... bingo... it is there.

well, somehow thats cocked the whole thing up.

cant boot verbose, cant boot from usb clover..

cant boot from recovery drive.

stops at iaoth3...something loaded . when i can get verbose mode.

Your right about my usb creation, the old one previous to mavericks final release was created elsewhere.

i think I may hace put the kext back in there by using time machine to restore, assuming that would put kexts back too, im not sure.

running windows now, as i cant get into osx at all.

well, somehow thats cocked the whole thing up.

cant boot verbose, cant boot from usb clover..

cant boot from recovery drive.

stops at iaoth3...something loaded . when i can get verbose mode.

Your right about my usb creation, the old one previous to mavericks final release was created elsewhere.

i think I may hace put the kext back in there by using time machine to restore, assuming that would put kexts back too, im not sure.

running windows now, as i cant get into osx at all.

Maybe a fresh install using appropriate methods is a good idea...

I followed this guide, but used timemachine to restore my files after.

If i reinstall, Ill still need to use time machine to restore, so be back to where i started again.

Ive got clover USB, and recovery partition, with kexts placed in 10.9 on EFI, I cant work out why it wont boot?

I followed this guide, but used timemachine to restore my files after.

If i reinstall, Ill still need to use time machine to restore, so be back to where i started again.

Ive got clover USB, and recovery partition, with kexts placed in 10.9 on EFI, I cant work out why it wont boot?

Use TimeMachine just to get to your data files. For booting the recovery partition, make sure to inject kexts (space bar, then choose from the menu) and be very very patient. It is very slow, much like the OS X installer.

Use TimeMachine just to get to your data files. For booting the recovery partition, make sure to inject kexts (space bar, then choose from the menu) and be very very patient. It is very slow, much like the OS X installer.

ok, perhaps im not being patient enough.. strssful evening, ill try again tomorrow, ill have time to reinstall again if i have to.

Im not sure if time machine gives me an option to restore only certain parts of the backup?

cheers for your help again rm, its much appreciated.

Back