Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

I just finished to install windows 8.1.. :crazy:

like i can't format a partition with mac osx extended; i have formatted with disk utility a partition with ms dos format then booted with windows usb installer, formatted the partition, install windows..

but now, i have something like : boot windows from legacy HD8; also boot from efi windows is on clover screen.. and when i boot to windows partition, it stuck on an ugly icon who looks like windows logo..

Any idea guys ?

You want "Sleep Image Fix"

Wow, thank for bringing this issue up. I was loosing battle with my new desktop to use Clover. It would either stuck during sleep sequence or wake up and require hard reboot the fix it. I just ran PBI on my desktop and selected this option - boom, Clover works perfectly, figures...

Thanks!

Some help here, please, i have did a fresh installe with clover ( thank you nguyenmac for the guide )

I have installed other themes, but when booting after a theme, the apple screen is a little distorted after ( the apple logo is wide, even if i went to clover configurator to set the resolution on Gui to 1366x768 or 1024x768.. on chameleon the theme was not distorted at all..

View attachment 84194

Unless you have CSM disabled, you must use only the "stretched" themes.

Note: Without CSM, verbose boot is garbled.

I just finished to install windows 8.1.. :crazy:

like i can't format a partition with mac osx extended; i have formatted with disk utility a partition with ms dos format then booted with windows usb installer, formatted the partition, install windows..

but now, i have something like : boot windows from legacy HD8; also boot from efi windows is on clover screen.. and when i boot to windows partition, it stuck on an ugly icon who looks like windows logo..

Any idea guys ?

Read post #1 for dual boot. You should install OS X first and do all partitioning within OS X, not Windows...

Read post #1 for dual boot. You should install OS X first and do all partitioning within OS X, not Windows...

I think i am not clear with my posts, really sorry for my bad english, am doing my best to be clear.

All partitions were made with osx ( disk utility ), but now, i just noticed that i can boot into windows !

at the clover screen, now i have 4 entries like you see in the picture, i can boot into windows with the one selected here "boot microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI"
IMG_0372.jpg

But if i boot from the second who is " boot Windows from Legacy HD8" it boot to that icon :

IMG_0371.jpg

Its is normale ?.. how i can hide the two other partitions ? ( recovery HD) on clover screen, want to just leave, windows and mavericks and rename it if its possible to just ( OS X Mavericks / Windows 8.1 ) Instead of "boot microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI"

i want to start with the entries with clover configurator, but i really dont know how i do, a bit confused, chameleon wizard was more simply :p

I think i am not clear with my posts, really sorry for my bad english, am doing my best to be clear.

All partitions were made with osx ( disk utility ), but now, i just noticed that i can boot into windows !

at the clover screen, now i have 4 entries like you see in the picture, i can boot into windows with the one selected here "boot microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI"
View attachment 84209

But if i boot from the second who is " boot Windows from Legacy HD8" it boot to that icon :

View attachment 84210

Its is normale ?.. how i can hide the two other partitions ? ( recovery HD) on clover screen, want to just leave, windows and mavericks and rename it if its possible to just ( OS X Mavericks / Windows 8.1 ) Instead of "boot microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI"

i want to start with the entries with clover configurator, but i really dont know how i do, a bit confused, chameleon wizard was more simply :p

To custom configure the entries you see in Clover, check out section 8 in the post #1 (Custom Entries).

To custom configure the entries you see in Clover, check out section 8 in the post #1 (Custom Entries).

Thank you RehabMan, i have read, but i dont know where i will put this entries or how create them with clover Configurator. i think today my brain dont want to helps me :lol:

Thank you RehabMan, i have read, but i dont know where i will put this entries or how create them with clover Configurator. i think today my brain dont want to helps me :lol:

That part of the Clover Configurator is a bit confusing. Just experiment with it...

Press "+" sign in Custom Entries, see my screenshot for more detail.

To hide Legacy partition, uncheck "Legacy" in Scan (I notice you don't use my config.plist?)

Press "+" sign in Custom Entries, see my screenshot for more detail.

To hide Legacy partition, uncheck "Legacy" in Scan (I notice you don't use my config.plist?)

This is indeed you config.plist that i am using, unchecked legacy from scanning, now i have only 3 partitions on my clover screen :)

now i will try to get it like i want, only windows and os x, thank you for your support guys, that is really enriching.

Btw, why we could inject kext to recovery HD partition ?

Back