Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

While I see that it is out of topic, there doesn't seem to be a generic Clover guide topic anywhere.

I suppose I could also try my hand at fixing what causes Chimera to emit garbage when AMD 7xxx cards are presenting the primary VGA BIOS.

While I see that it is out of topic, there doesn't seem to be a generic Clover guide topic anywhere.

I suppose I could also try my hand at fixing what causes Chimera to emit garbage when AMD 7xxx cards are presenting the primary VGA BIOS.

Because of complex configuration in Clover, there can't be a generic guide for all system. Your only friend is Clover wiki:
http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/

I've finished installer phase 1 - now in step 8, after booting again OS X Install from Clover, it seems to be stuck in console, right after loading kernel cache file. It says root device uuid is '.......' at last and the laptop's cooler started running at max speed. Is that a normal behavior? It's been like that for some minutes... Already tried booting it without caches, the same happens. Thank you!
PS: I'm using custom config, DSDT and SSDT, all of them were built in a previous installation of Mavericks I had, and were working fine. I tried to boot my previous Mac from this USB drive and it also worked fine (that means I have the correct drivers and everything...)

Here is a temporary solution to disable "efi-boot-device-data" value:
- Go to System Preferences > Clover > NVRam Variables > set "Save NVRAM contents to disk" to Never
- Open Macintosh HD/nvram.plist (hidden file, you should use Plist editor to edit) and delete efi-booot-device data:
Code:
<key>efi-boot-device</key>
    <data>
    PGFycmF5PjxkaWN0PjxrZXk+SU9NYXRjaDwva2V5PjxkaWN0PjxrZXk+SU9Qcm92aWRl
    ckNsYXNzPC9rZXk+PHN0cmluZz5JT01lZGlhPC9zdHJpbmc+PGtleT5JT1Byb3BlcnR5
    TWF0Y2g8L2tleT48ZGljdD48a2V5PlVVSUQ8L2tleT48c3RyaW5nPjIyRjQ4MTA3LTUy
    QTctNDJBRi04QjExLTdBQTAwM0JGQUI2ODwvc3RyaW5nPjwvZGljdD48L2RpY3Q+PC9k
    aWN0PjwvYXJyYXk+
    </data>
    <key>efi-boot-device-data</key>
    <data>
    AgEMANBBAwoAAAAAAQEGAAIfAxIKAAAAAAAAAAQBKgAEAAAAAOgnBgAAAABoe6wIAAAA
    AAeB9CKnUq9CixF6oAO/q2gCAn//BAA=
    </data>

Guys, there is a new solution. Clover r2475 features a new key, IgnoreNVRAMBoot. When this key is set to true and the Default Volume key is set to some volume, the config file will be used instead of the nvram key efi-boot-device. For now it should be added manually in the Boot section of your config.plist. Note that saving the config with the current version of Clover Configurator will remove it, just like any other manual edits you have made.

Code:
<key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key>
<true/>

Guys, there is a new solution. Clover r2475 features a new key, IgnoreNVRAMBoot. When this key is set to true and the Default Volume key is set to some volume, the config file will be used instead of the nvram key efi-boot-device. For now it should be added manually in the Boot section of your config.plist. Note that saving the config with the current version of Clover Configurator will remove it, just like any other manual edits you have made.

Code:
<key>IgnoreNVRAMBoot</key>
<true/>

Thank phillips_petev for update! I hope CC will update soon to add this new option.

EDIT: Also thank for raising the issue again. I asked before but it was not accepted.

I've finished installer phase 1 - now in step 8, after booting again OS X Install from Clover, it seems to be stuck in console, right after loading kernel cache file. It says root device uuid is '.......' at last and the laptop's cooler started running at max speed. Is that a normal behavior? It's been like that for some minutes... Already tried booting it without caches, the same happens. Thank you!
PS: I'm using custom config, DSDT and SSDT, all of them were built in a previous installation of Mavericks I had, and were working fine. I tried to boot my previous Mac from this USB drive and it also worked fine (that means I have the correct drivers and everything...)

Solved: created an HFS+ partition in my HDD and restored to it the OS X Install. Then normally booted using Clover and my previous config :)

Thank phillips_petev for update! I hope CC will update soon to add this new option.

According to its author, it will be tomorrow.

Guys, there is a problem with Clover r2477 and later. The system gets locked up, when an animated theme has been set, so until the problem is solved, avoid using of animated themes !!!

EDIT: SOLVED IN R2281.

I may have missed something but I'm having problems booting the USB drive.
I have the upgraded 1920x1080 screen on my HP4530s and I tried both config.plist files on my Clover USB drive.
I'm using the HD3000 config.plist files.
The 1600x900 one gets to the install screen but it is distorted like the resolution is wrong.
The 1366x768 one never gets to the install screen. It just freezes on the apple loading screen after a minute.
I followed the guide and did every other step to create the usb drive. Any suggestions?

I may have missed something but I'm having problems booting the USB drive.
I have the upgraded 1920x1080 screen on my HP4530s and I tried both config.plist files on my Clover USB drive.
I'm using the HD3000 config.plist files.
The 1600x900 one gets to the install screen but it is distorted like the resolution is wrong.
The 1366x768 one never gets to the install screen. It just freezes on the apple loading screen after a minute.
I followed the guide and did every other step to create the usb drive. Any suggestions?

You should only use the 1600x900 one (as it injects dual-link).

You shouldn't expect 1366x768 to work at all.

You should only use the 1600x900 one (as it injects dual-link).

You shouldn't expect 1366x768 to work at all.

That's the only one on the USB drive. I have tried booting several times and I get to the language selection screen but it is distorted. I can only see half of the box and there are several lines running down the screen. I have been running OSX Mavericks not under UEFI for a while and know about the ssdt.aml used to boot that way and it works fine. So I know it's not the screen itself.
I put the 1600x900 config.plist file in the EFI/Clover folder as the instructions say. Anything else I'm missing? Something in the BIOS? Besides just turning UEFI boot on.
As I am getting to the install screen and the mouse and keyboard work I know it is just something to do with the resolution not being displayed correctly.

Back