Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Have it up and running flawlessly! Thanks for helping me in my stupidity. Just one question, Any way to for the battery to read accurately ? Downloaded battery health from the app store and its not reading to well and of course not the stock battery meter either. Kinda just jumps around. Do i need a battery calibration or is it just never going to be accurate ?

EDIT: Just noticed when i plugged in my headphones that the headphone jack wasn't working. In System preferences/Sound/output it's not showing up either.

Have it up and running flawlessly! Thanks for helping me in my stupidity. Just one question, Any way to for the battery to read accurately ? Downloaded battery health from the app store and its not reading to well and of course not the stock battery meter either. Kinda just jumps around. Do i need a battery calibration or is it just never going to be accurate ?

EDIT: Just noticed when i plugged in my headphones that the headphone jack wasn't working. In System preferences/Sound/output it's not showing up either.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Just updated my signature. I dont have a copy of win i can put on my laptop tho. Any other way to find out the MB? but i do know the CPU

EDIT: Forgot to add the file. View attachment Steven’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Just updated my signature. I dont have a copy of win i can put on my laptop tho. Any other way to find out the MB? but i do know the CPU

There is enough information in your sig. HM65 is chipset. I assume the screen is stock 1366x768.

From ioreg posted everything looks fine. What do you mean by "Downloaded battery health from the app store and its not reading to well and of course not the stock battery meter either. Kinda just jumps around. "

See post #1867

I downloaded an app called battery health from the app store hoping to get an accurate reading for my battery. And the battery indicator att he top right of the macs screen says the battery only have 30% left and then jumps up to 50% left and i never have an accurate read on how much battery left i have unless its 100% or down at 15%. Sorry if im confusing you with the way i explained it.

The second issue is my headphone port showing up is sound/output and not being able to use headphones.

I downloaded an app called battery health from the app store hoping to get an accurate reading for my battery. And the battery indicator att he top right of the macs screen says the battery only have 30% left and then jumps up to 50% left and i never have an accurate read on how much battery left i have unless its 100% or down at 15%. Sorry if im confusing you with the way i explained it.

Could be buggy app. What does the system battery meter show? Keep in mind time left on battery will vary depending on current amperage draw.

The second issue is my headphone port showing up is sound/output and not being able to use headphones.

Don't know. I don't have a 4530s anymore and never really used the headphones when I did. Check that it is enabled in BIOS.

Could be buggy app. What does the system battery meter show? Keep in mind time left on battery will vary depending on current amperage draw.

could be the app. When i read your reply it was at 27% and as im typing this it went up to 41% in the system battery meter.

Don't know. I don't have a 4530s anymore and never really used the headphones when I did. Check that it is enabled in BIOS.

Ill check now.

It's already turned on in the bios. Should i try to update the bios? I also tried to use kext wizard to rebuild cache but it didnt work :/

Back