Contribute
Register

[Guide] Simple & fully functioning install of El Capitan to Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
could somebody update this thread for multicast 8? especially if everything included or if i need something external.

thank you

could somebody update this thread for multicast 8? especially if everything included or if i need something external.

thank you

if you follow this guide with the clover, you shouldnt have to install anything from multibeast i believe.

So for those of us who have the rev 1.0 of this board with AR8151, are we out of luck for full Ethernet capability? ALX works fine for me until I try to upload something via SMB.

Consequently, when Plex streaming outside of local network I get a kernel panic:

thread_invoke: preemption_level 1, possible cause: blocking while holding a spinlock, or within interrupt context

AtherosE2200 (included in Multibeast 8 doesn't work the the 8151 and ALX is buggy (although, I don't remember seeing these problems in my 10.8 installation on the same machine). Has anyone had luck with the AtherosL1cEthernet kext?

So for those of us who have the rev 1.0 of this board with AR8151, are we out of luck for full Ethernet capability? ALX works fine for me until I try to upload something via SMB.

Consequently, when Plex streaming outside of local network I get a kernel panic:

thread_invoke: preemption_level 1, possible cause: blocking while holding a spinlock, or within interrupt context

AtherosE2200 (included in Multibeast 8 doesn't work the the 8151 and ALX is buggy (although, I don't remember seeing these problems in my 10.8 installation on the same machine). Has anyone had luck with the AtherosL1cEthernet kext?

Answer in post 18 http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-capitan-gigabyte-z77-ds3h-2.html#post1163998

Please do NOT use ALXEthernet.kext. It is BROKEN with this motherboard (or just broken, period). You will randomly get crashes while transmitting ethernet packets (receiving works OK, so if you never upload, you may never trip over this bug, but it's there). I put up with this for ages, and it was horrible, before eventually figuring out that my ethernet was the problem. Then I got a USB Ethernet which fixed things for me at the expense of performance. I finally found the right driver while I was upgrading to ElCap.

There were apparently two versions of this motherboard, one with the Atheros 8151 and one with the Atheros 8161.

I have the Atheros 8151, and I'm using the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/374-atherosl1cethernetkext but you can compile it yourself if you like from code at https://code.google.com/p/iats/downloads/list .

If you have the 8161, you'll need the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext. It's safe to just put both in /L/E, or in /E/C/k/10.11, if you don't want to figure out which one you have.

God bless you for this post. I was going crazy using ALXEthernet 1.0.2 with this upload issue. Always crashing my computer is uploading larger files.

I've got an Atheros AR8161 so I used AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, as you said.

Result? No more crashes!

Thank you very, very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back