Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, please, can you tell me if with this motherboard and the command of the first post you have 3 analog lines (for 5.1) plus headphones (frontal) plus other things?

Thanks

If the answer is yes, what did you do? Is the command enough to obtain it?
Yes working well.
NQ8FGp.png

I just followed first post steps.

So the answer is no... not yes:lol: but Toleda yesterday explained to me how the switch works as soon as you plug the headphones in and everything is ok if you don't want to separate the frontal from the back:mrgreen:

Thanks anyway;)

I updated to the F20 bios, but now my GTX960 decided to stop working with the Nvidia drivers. I had to set the bios settings back to the ones mentioned in the startpost after the update, but no luck there. Also no luck with changing the OS to Windows8/10 and setting everything to UEFI :( I updated Clover as well, to test whether that would fix the problem, but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem either.
Anyone got an idea what I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi... I am a newbie (with F20 on)... but what I can tell you after I installed the system perhaps 30 times (then I started to use Time Machine XD) is that I just followed these steps and everything every time worked fine with my 950:

- 10.12.1 on a bootable usb drive ( use 16B2657 or 16B2655, perhaps 16B2659 doesn't make the web driver work)
- last Clover build where I put the files of the first post except for the USB ones. Those don't work for me so I use USBinjectAll.kext plus 15 to 26 limit patch
- boot, also using 3.0 port, install Clover with the new settings (don't forget the nvram flag... is the most important one! at least for me it was lol ... someone wrote it was not needed anymore and this drove me crazy because the web driver never worked (they didn't remain selected) ), copy those files and reboot (every time I reboot I disable nVidia in the clover panel because in my config I have the web driver selected, insert ID and the other flag about nVidia driver = 1)
- install web driver, copy the other file, reboot without doing anything else and it works every time (with the correct config because as I said I start with the correct one and in the first reboots I disable nVidia "on the fly) :lol:

I had to figure the audio 5.1 problem out so I left it for the last part... and power management settings too...

Hope it helps : )

Last edited:
Hi... I am a newbie (with F20 on)... but what I can tell you after I installed the system perhaps 30 times (then I started to use Time Machine XD) is that I just followed these steps and everything every time worked fine with my 950:

- 10.12.1 on a bootable usb drive ( use 16B2657 or 16B2655, perhaps 16B2659 doesn't make the web driver work)
- last Clover build where I put the files of the first post except for the USB ones. Those don't work for me so I use USBinjectAll.kext plus 15 to 26 limit patch
- boot, also using 3.0 port, install Clover with the new settings (don't forget the nvram flag... is the most important one! at least for me it was lol ... someone wrote it was not needed anymore and this drove me crazy because the web driver never worked (they didn't remain selected) ), copy those files and reboot (every time I reboot I disable nVidia in the clover panel because in my config I have the web driver selected, insert ID and the other flag about nVidia driver = 1)
- install web driver, copy the other file, reboot without doing anything else and it works every time (with the correct config because as I said I start with the correct one and in the first reboots I disable nVidia "on the fly) :lol:

I had to figure the audio 5.1 problem out so I left it for the last part... and power management settings too...

Hope it helps : )

Thanks for your reply. I've updated to 10.12.1 (was on 10.12.0 still) and that made it possible to update the drivers as well (since the newest version of the Nvidia drivers only is supported with 10.12.1). Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem.
You mentioned the nvram flag, how do I select this? The only nvidia flags known to me are nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1. Also you said to 'copy the other file' after installing the web driver, what files are you talking about?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply. I've updated to 10.12.1 (was on 10.12.0 still) and that made it possible to update the drivers as well (since the newest version of the Nvidia drivers only is supported with 10.12.1). Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem.
You mentioned the nvram flag, how do I select this? The only nvidia flags known to me are nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1. Also you said to 'copy the other file' after installing the web driver, what files are you talking about?

Thanks in advance!

i had a similar problem with the nvidia drivers, read on another thread somewhere, i needed to install EmuVariableUefi in order for NVRAM to work. you can install it using clover configurator, then go into Pref's Panel and set drivers to nvidia. Make sure you have NvidiaWeb checked and also uncheck nv_disable and nvda_drv in your config

Happy to see you have a 960 like him so there is nothing else to set : )

If it doesn't work yet, I'll be more precise in my recap : )

oh the other file was SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml : )

I can't get USB ports working properly, UD3 board, of course. I have USBInjectAll.kext in the kexts folder, generated the USB*.aml files with the attached application (14 ports activated, so just shy of that limit) and placed them in ACPI/patched, and still no dice. Nothing seems to work. I've tried with and without the 15+ port limit in the config.plist. The USB2 ports on the back are the only ones that are plug and play. The rest work if something is plugged in at startup, but only at USB2 speeds.

Also, the odd thing is that the Nvidia web drivers don't work unless I hit the spacebar in Clover to bring up the boot options. Then, if I boot, they work just fine. If I just try to boot straight (with the exact same boot options nvda_drv=1, of course), the web driver no worky. I've seen bits about an NVRAM setting, but maybe I'm just not seeing it because it isn't exactly clear to me precisely what to do about it. EmuVariableEfi driver is installed on the EFI partition.

I'm no expert here... but if you use USBInjectAll.kext, you don't have to use those files. Cnrd suggested this method because some people had problems with that kext...
If you want to boot without touching Clover on the fly, you have to set the config file in the right way, that is:
boot part:
nvda_drv=1
no flag on nv_disable=1

System Parameters part:

flags on Inject System ID and NvidiaWeb.

About USB I have no flag on Inject under USB in Devices section.

The nvram flag is something you install with Clover (emu... something)

edit: read Sleeman's post : )

I was wondering if someone can help. I've got the UD3 board, running Sierra, and everything in the most part is great.
The only issue is that I can only get USB harddrives to be detected when plugged into the black ports on the back of the machine, next to the serial port. USB memory sticks seem to work in anymore, as do other devices I've tested like a USB MIDI device. I just plugged my USB MIDI device into every port on my machine and it worked, and displayed in the correct category in the system profiler.

I've run the USB setup script, and assigned all the ports I'm using, added the files to the acpi/patched folder on my EFI partition and dropped the lines into my Config.plist. But for some reason macOS doesn't recognise an actual harddrive unless it's plugged into one of the two ports at the top of the motherboard.

tl;dr is this normal, or am I being a dumbass. I don't have all that much time to dedicate to this, so a simple answer would be amazing. If I've missed something major, then I'm happy to go over it again. (I installed Sierra clean, didn't upgrade from Yosemite).

Thanks anyone who has anything to say!

I'm no expert here... but if you use USBInjectAll.kext, you don't have to use those files. Cnrd suggested this method because some people had problems with that kext...
If you want to boot without touching Clover on the fly, you have to set the config file in the right way, that is:
boot part:
nvda_drv=1
no flag on nv_disable=1

System Parameters part:

flags on Inject System ID and NvidiaWeb.

About USB I have no flag on Inject under USB in Devices section.

The nvram flag is something you install with Clover (emu... something)

edit: read Sleeman's post : )

Aha, that did it! I didn't realize that I had to inject the Nvidia web drivers specifically in addition to the nvda_drv=1 flag. Nvidia web drivers are now working without intervention. Yay!

USB is still screwed up, though. I've tried with and without the USBInjectAll.kext and with/without the USB aml files configured by the little command line application. No luck.

EDIT: AHA! I grabbed the latest USBInjectAll.kext and then added the uia_exclude=[USBport];[USBPort] boot arg to exclude the USB ports I wasn't using. PRESTO! USB2 and 3 work all over the board! The parent post here should really include that information and link to the latest USBInjectAll.kext as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back