Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ignore this message or delete"

Last edited:
Hi all. For audio, should I be running both audio_cloverHDMI command and audio_cloverALC command? I realized after doing that that the instructions say with nVidia graphics card do NOT run the HDMI script. Will that come back to haunt me?

Thanks

I am looking into building a hackintosh with a Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 board and have gone through all pages on this thread but was wondering if any have worked out the USB 3.1 ports both type C and A at 10 Gb/s?

I am running a legacy build and was looking into getting faster transfer speeds with USB 3.1 gen2 , yet it looks a little more complicated than I expected from a legacy build.

Thanks

I've been all the way through the install until the point is select the iMac17,1 ID

Reboot, now my keyboard and mouse don't work. It's an apple usb keyboard and a usb mouse.

It did say the keyboard was not recognised at some point in the final setup

Any ideas?

thanks

cnrd "macOS Sierra on the GA-Z170X-UD3"
Thank you so much for the Guide. I just bought the GA-Z170X-UD3 because of your guide. Maybe I will have a fighting chance. I am going to try to do the clean install and not use the graphics card. Do I need to do anything spacial to use the onboard graphics? And are there any updates or suggestions you have before I get started? Thanks again. John

Bluetooth devices cause a sleep to wake up
Install the BCM943602CS, the wireless card-free drive, Bluetooth-free drive, but found that sleep, immediately wake up.
After investigation and found that as long as the unplug the usb Bluetooth interface, sleep is no problem.

Ok I switched to a USB PC keyboard and I get to the point of the post-installation configuration

I presume when it says "run clover installer" & "copy same files as before" and I am installing this on the new drive I have installed sierra on.

I've got over the keyboard issue, and it is now recognised, but if I boot from the hdd EFI the keyboard does not work.
When I boot from the usb EFI it works again.

What am I missing?

I get to the CPU PM step

thanks

first of all..

------------ Happy New Year Folks -----------

Then the important issue; I have been following a few threads for a while, understanding ( trying to understand..) which one is better suited for me.

Since I have to build a new one machine, even though is clear what performance I am looking for, I haven't decide between x99 platform and Z-170 yet.

Anyone was able to supply some opinion I will be glad.

I've got over the keyboard issue, and it is now recognised, but if I boot from the hdd EFI the keyboard does not work.
When I boot from the usb EFI it works again.

Try another USB port.

Ok, it's working now.

I skipped the CPU PM section. Does this matter?

Now I'm trying to get to see the m.2 nvme SSD on the main board.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back