Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Just like a CMOS reset ?
Never thought of that ^^

Edit : set up everything as should be for El Capitan =>> stuck on Apple logo screen, no progress bar.
I'll simulate install from USB stick to see if I can boot from there (I still have my El Capitan install stick).

Edit 2 : I tryed USB install following the guide with Clover 2.3 =>> stuck at 75% on progress bar on apple logo loading screen or I-don't-know-where in verbose
I updated my Clover to 2.4 (sad there is no link/thread here to find the last version easily or I'm dumb and didn't found it ^^) and Sierra install screen popped up :D :D
I was afraid to be in Murphy's thing : don't try to change/fix something working :)
Now installing on secondary HDD before updating my original one. Maybe just updating Clover on my El Capitan setup was just needed...
Edit 3 : After reboot from new installed system I tryed to go back to my El Capitan install : Worked !
Now I'm updating to Sierra...
Edit 4 : El Capitan updated to Sierra, Nvidia driver finding update by itself, minor softwares updates to do (Wacom driver...) :)
Edit 5 (last one ^^) : links to audio_CloverALC-xxx.comman.zip and Audio_CloverHDMI-xxx.command are brokent (on the first post). Here are the links for GitHub pages : audio_CloverALC-xxx.comman.zip and Audio_CloverHDMI-xxx.command.
On respective page, click on the download button on the right.
Works fine for me herr, got sound back.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Ga-z170x-ud3 ultra
CPU
i7 7600
Graphics
Evga geforce gtx 1050 ti
Mac
iMac
I think I'm on F22, haven't seen any problems looks like it's work good

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 - F23g
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
HD530 + RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android
eddieboy, starting with F23b BIOS fixed a serious Skylake CPU error (fix HT flaw issue). Therefore it is reasonable to upgrade BIOS to F23b or F23d for GA-Z170-UD3 MB or to F23c (or F23e) for GA-Z170-UD3 Ultra MB.
I'm working fine with the BIOS version F23b on my GA-Z170-UD3

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Rev.1.0
CPU
Intel Core i7, 7700K, 4.2 GHz
Graphics
2 x MSI 1070 AERO ITX
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi guys, I need your help please.
I had a good system, working without big problems on Sierra.
I switched to High Sierra with the same configuration and everything worked too.
Then I decided to upgrade my computer and replaced the CPU with a 7700k and my gtx 950 with two 1070s...
Then I tried to install everything from the beginning through 10.13.2, last clover and my old configuration...
Well... I screwed all the things up for good XD
Please, can someone post his EFI (Z170X-UD3 plus nVidia) and tell me what to do with the last Clover?
I'm no expert but I was lucky...
Now I don't know what to do anymore :\

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Rev.1.0
CPU
Intel Core i7, 7700K, 4.2 GHz
Graphics
2 x MSI 1070 AERO ITX
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Oh My God I don't wanna open everything up again lol
When I replaced the CPU everything worked fine...
My problem came from the impossibility to update GPU driver and OSX.
I needed to install the last GPU driver because I wanted to check something but in order to do that, I had to update OSX.
I tried but 10.13.2 didn't want to be installed...
The process looked like it was complete but that was not true... so I thought to do everything from the beginning... and now I don't know what to do because it doesn't work, even if I use UniBeast (never used that before).
If someone has a working efi or at least can tell me which build of Clover works (because the last one I think has some problems with our motherboard...)
BTW now I'm gonna try with 10.12...6? I don't remember... perhaps that's the last one...
If that works I'll try to update from there...
Now I'm thinking about that... if I'm not wrong that's what I did the first time because High Sierra didn't wanna boot directly so I updated from Sierra...
Any suggestions would be very appreciated XD

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
CPU
Core i5-6500 LG1151
Graphics
eVGA Geforce GTX 950
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Out of curiosity can this guide be used to do a fresh install of HS 10.13.3? If not what steps need to be changed?
I’d be interested in this too!

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 - F23g
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
HD530 + RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android
Unfortunately, the Manual is almost useless for installing 10.13.3.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
CPU
Core i5-6500 LG1151
Graphics
eVGA Geforce GTX 950
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I decided to tackle this again with a fresh build of High Sierra. I followed the generic installation instructions using UniBeast and Multibeast, and am happy to report some success. The basic build works (video, networking, audio, usb2, sleep). I haven't tested usb3/usb3.1 or every USB port.

The one lingering issue I have noticed is that after wake the audio is dead until a reboot. I recall this problem in the past. I did find and try Codec Commander (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/overview) but am in a bit over-my-head there. If anyone is interested I have attached my Multibeast settings. If anyone has suggestions on troubleshooting the audio-after-sleep issue, I am happy to read them.

BTW I use HDMI for video, and whether on Hackintosh or PC, sometimes after sleep I have to toggle the source to get it to "wake" the monitor. I assume this is my monitor rather than anything else, but if you get the dreaded "black screen" after wake, you might try that before you mess with your settings.

Attachments