Contribute
Register

[Guide] Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ with macOS Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually there is a way u can solve that, it's by using a PowerTable Generator, and disable ZeroRPM, so that ur GPU fans spins always, and not every 5 mins or so, and that was pretty annoying for me at least, now the fans are always spinning.
thanks but I dont want them to spin at all only when it is getting too hot.

thanks but I dont want them to spin at all only when it is getting too hot.
if that's the case, then it's already happening, the GPU already have that in the vbios, so it does spin from time to time.

Apologies for crashing this thread but I have a MacPro 5,1 used for Video Editing and my RX5700xt is currently in an eGPU connected via a Titan Ridge TB3 card whilst my old Quadro K5000 GPU powers my screens. I'd swap them over but the Sapphire Nitro is so thick that it covers up my 2nd PCIe slot which I need for a x16 SSD storage card. Is it worth getting PCIe risers so the AMD card can get the extra bandwidth offered by a x16 lane PCIe slot? I'm OK to lose slot 3 and theoretically, it'd fit if only I could slide slot 2 slightly closer to sot 1. However, I'm unsure whether the RX5700XT even uses all these lanes since it's PCIe 4.0, and perhaps it's best I'd avoid data bottlenecks and get better performance it if stays in the Razer Core TB3 enclosure but is hooked up to the screens? As you've probably guessed from this rambling existentialist post, all lo-fi noobie level answers would be much appreciated!

So whats the best stable results you guys getting in OpenCL and Metal with Device strings?
You are very welcome to share your tables here..

He there!

I have a Nitro+ Sapphire 5700xt that gives me massive lags on youtube when using chrome, mouse lags and everything feels bad. The worst thing is when I import in premiere pro h264 footage the machine reboots instantly.

I also have from my second Hackintosh system a 5700XT(50 anniversary that works great) blower version. I tried moving the 50 anniversary to replace the Nitro+ and all the problems are no longer there. Any idea if I need to do anything extra to make it work properly? I tried 10.15.3, 10.15.4, 10.15.17 with the same results.

System:
CPU: 7980XE
Motherboard: WS X299 SAGE (base model, Bios 2002)
128Gb RAM

SMBIOS: Imac 1.1

EFI attached

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    69.8 MB · Views: 58
¿ so agdmod=pikera not longer needed for sapphire RX 5700 XT nitro plus after 10.15.7 update ?

Hi guys,

Currently on Catalina 15.4, Opencore, Sapphire 5700 XT nitro. Works great now through hdmi but displayport causes black screen at bootup prior to password login page. Would like DP as dual boot Windows and like the high refresh rates. Any solution to displayport black screen?

Thanks

Try changing the smbios to iMac 1.1, see if that does it.

Rather should ask if anyone is successfully running off of the displayport port and if they wouldn't mind sharing their config.plist file?

Will try changing to iMac 1.1 though.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back