Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ProBook 4340s: Ivy-Bridge i3-3110M | C4Y15EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed 10.8.4 on ProBook 4441S (i5 + Discrete graphics).
Fixed no sleep issue (disabled Wake on USB, Wake on LAN in BIOS)
Replaced wifi with a hafl-size Broadcom.
Thanks very much to all who contributed.

How do function keys (F1-F12) behave in 4x40 series? Mine do NOT behave as combo, meaning I have to press Fn and F7 to mute, for example.
I have tried, afterward, an earlier version of ProBook Installer (v6, I believe) in which there is an install option for keybord behavior to no avail.
Is there a known fix for this?

Again thank you

hi, we have the same laptop, and i've just done 2 fresh installs (10.84 and pbi 6.1). the annoying thing is the screen brightness is too dim, and screen color (requires calibration)

more about it here -
Code:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/102684-progress-probook-4x40s.html#post644499

fresh out of the box, did you get the same as above?

Do you know what screen is yours? samsung? auo ? other?

I have tried other optional solutions in the pbi such as blinkscreen etc, but still no good.

Installed 10.8.4 on ProBook 4441S (i5 + Discrete graphics).
Fixed no sleep issue (disabled Wake on USB, Wake on LAN in BIOS)
Replaced wifi with a hafl-size Broadcom.
Thanks very much to all who contributed.

How do function keys (F1-F12) behave in 4x40 series? Mine do NOT behave as combo, meaning I have to press Fn and F7 to mute, for example.
I have tried, afterward, an earlier version of ProBook Installer (v6, I believe) in which there is an install option for keybord behavior to no avail.
Is there a known fix for this?

Again thank you

If you install following the 'sticky guide' at the top of this forum, Fn keys work as special functions and there is an option enabled in SysPrefs->Keyboard to switch it. In other words, it works like a real MacBookPro.

How did you install?

@appleiscool,
My screen brightness is about just right.
Not sure which screen my ProBook came with though.
How do I check the manufacturer of my screen?

@rehabman,
Hmm... I don't see the option under 'Keyboard' in SysPref you mentioned...
For 4441s I installed 10.8, updated to 10.8.4, ran Probook Installer 6.1.

I had previously installed 10.7 (updated to 10.7.5 since then) on ProBook 4331s, and 10.8 (now 10.8.4) on ProBook 4230s.
Both have function key combo working. Perhaps the 4x40 series have a different keyboard configuration than the 4x30 series?
BTW, tapping the upper corner of trackpad of the 4441s does NOT deactivate the trackpad. May be it's using a different hardware? (Not a big deal for me, but just reporting for your testing purpose). I notice that the trackpad on the 4x40 series is offset slightly lower than the palm rest (unlike 4x30, which is flush with palm rest).

Cheers and big thanks!

I had previously installed 10.7 (updated to 10.7.5 since then) on ProBook 4331s, and 10.8 (now 10.8.4) on ProBook 4230s.
Both have function key combo working. Perhaps the 4x40 series have a different keyboard configuration than the 4x30 series?
BTW, tapping the upper corner of trackpad of the 4441s does NOT deactivate the trackpad. May be it's using a different hardware? (Not a big deal for me, but just reporting for your testing purpose). I notice that the trackpad on the 4x40 series is offset slightly lower than the palm rest (unlike 4x30, which is flush with palm rest).

Probably a different (new) motherboard model. Compress your /Extra/dsdt.aml and post it here.

@rehabman,

Here it is.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistant.

Do you know if anyone managed to get
HP un2430 Mobile Broadband Module (Sierra Wireless MC8355 'Gobi3000' rebranded) working in OS X?
This module comes equipped with 4230s.

Thank you.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 108
@rehabman,

Here it is.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistant.

Your motherboard is HPQOEM/17F3... same as 4440s, so you should see the "Use all F1, F2, etc..." option in SysPrefs -> Keyboard...
How did you install?

Maybe ioreg will shed some light: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Do you know if anyone managed to get
HP un2430 Mobile Broadband Module (Sierra Wireless MC8355 'Gobi3000' rebranded) working in OS X?
This module comes equipped with 4230s.

I don't think I've ever seen mobile broadband discussed here yet...

@rehabman,

Looks like Apple developer site is currently down...

As for the mobile broadband, I have managed to get Qualcomm Gobi1000 HP un2400 working in HP Mini 311 (10.6.8) as there was driver readily available.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find an appropriate driver for the module installed on the ProBook 4230s.
With the BIOS whitelist, it was not possible to plug the module from HP Mini 311 in and have the notebook boot up...
I am aware that there has not been much discussion on mobile broadband as it is probably specific to the 12" version of the 4x30 ProBook which, as far as I know, is not available in the US....

Thank you for your time..
Will get back to you soon about IOReg.

PS. Just tested. Three-finger swipes seem to work ok on 4441s trackpad.

@rehabman,

Looks like Apple developer site is currently down...

Why does it matter? Make sure you read the entire post for making copy of ioreg...

As for the mobile broadband, I have managed to get Qualcomm Gobi1000 HP un2400 working in HP Mini 311 (10.6.8) as there was driver readily available.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find an appropriate driver for the module installed on the ProBook 4230s.
With the BIOS whitelist, it was not possible to plug the module from HP Mini 311 in and have the notebook boot up...
I am aware that there has not been much discussion on mobile broadband as it is probably specific to the 12" version of the 4x30 ProBook which, as far as I know, is not available in the US....

Actually, I think even my 4530s has a slot, and bios options, for WWAN...

Actually, I see the problem... 17F3 was added only July 12. And I have not done a build with that addition.

Just pushed a new build...

See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back