Thanks

Attachments

• ProBook 4441s.zip
    415.1 KB · Views: 154
My bad for not reading it carefully....
Hopefully I did it right.
Here's the zipped ioreg...

Thanks

Actually I don't need it anymore. See post #81.

@custom-mac

I suppose you've tried this build by now.

You were running one built from my sources, as it was you who requested this board-id be added, right?

@rehabman

I have now updated to the latest build of your VoodooPS2 Controller.
Am reporting back that the keyboard function key combos now work as expected.
Keyboard SysPref now has the option of how function keys behave as well!

Again, thank you VERY much. Could not have done it without you!

PS. the tracpad disable corner still not functional (again, no big deal for me)

@rehabman

I have now updated to the latest build of your VoodooPS2 Controller.
Am reporting back that the keyboard function key combos now work as expected.
Keyboard SysPref now has the option of how function keys behave as well!

Again, thank you VERY much. Could not have done it without you!

Nice to hear...

PS. the tracpad disable corner still not functional (again, no big deal for me)

It is very picky that the double tap happen in the right place and in a small timeframe. It may take some practice. It is possible your trackpad reports different enough coordinates to need some adjustment. You can install the debug version of the kext and provide the output in system.log from Console.app when you double tap in the upper left corner.

Or it could be your trackpad doesn't report that it has the LED properly... To diagnose, provide startup output in system.log.

Hi There

I have followed your document to the T, so far so good. When I boot from the drive I get to the section where I need to enter on the USB to get to the install screen of mountain lion. my machine just reboots. I have tried all the switches and safe mode with no luck

any ideas

Nice to hear...

It is very picky that the double tap happen in the right place and in a small timeframe. It may take some practice. It is possible your trackpad reports different enough coordinates to need some adjustment. You can install the debug version of the kext and provide the output in system.log from Console.app when you double tap in the upper left corner.

Or it could be your trackpad doesn't report that it has the LED properly... To diagnose, provide startup output in system.log.

Hi There

I have followed your document to the T, so far so good. When I boot from the drive I get to the section where I need to enter on the USB to get to the install screen of mountain lion. my machine just reboots. I have tried all the switches and safe mode with no luck

any ideas

What guide are you following? Make sure it is the 'sticky guide' at the top of the forum, and not any other.

@custom-mac

I suppose you've tried this build by now.

You were running one built from my sources, as it was you who requested this board-id be added, right?

Yes, I finally got to test it and it works fine without extra DSDT tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back