Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

i dont understand.

where is 0x0405?

0x405 and 0x406 are part of my keyboard driver. They correspond to brightness codes...

acer laptop use 0x0206 value.

0x0206/0x0286 are deprecated. Phased out as sending up/down with one code is better.

these 0x20, 0x10 values are working all laptop.

Those values are used only by the ELAN driver.

i dont understand. why voodoops2 have difference code?

Different programmers.

0x405 and 0x406 are part of my keyboard driver. They correspond to brightness codes...

0x0206/0x0286 are deprecated. Phased out as sending up/down with one code is better.

Those values are used only by the ELAN driver.

Different programmers.
I got it:)

Thanks rehabman.

Brightness Fix compile error

Laptop Model: IdeaPad 300 15ISK
Integrated Graphics: Intel HD 520

Installed El Capitan 10.11.5 using Unibeast 6.2
Post Installation using Multibeast 8.2.2 (after this step I don't need to use usb stick to boot)
Updated Platform ID to 0x1916000 to get graphics acceleration work:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-installing-el-capitan-on-spectre-x360-skylake.186047/
got stuck at Brightness Fix,

I tried to apply brightness fix to DSDT.aml (compile error)
CKriqwo.png

after I removed if CondRefOf part, new error showed up
Vn0DViw.png

the I tried to apply brightness fix to SSDT-2 and SSDT-14(where I found GFX0 syntax)
after applying to SSDT-2, compiled success, and put it under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, but not work
(I've already put IntelBacklight.kext under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other)

then I tried to apply brightness fix to SSDT-14, and still compile error
RjwmmI1.png

Attached Files extract.zip is extract from system using patchmatic, and CLOVER.zip is from my EFI folder
And ioreg is also attached as well.
Thanks.

Attachments

• extract.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 91
  • CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • ioreg.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 134
Brightness Fix compile error

Laptop Model: IdeaPad 300 15ISK
Integrated Graphics: Intel HD 520

Installed El Capitan 10.11.5 using Unibeast 6.2
Post Installation using Multibeast 8.2.2 (after this step I don't need to use usb stick to boot)
Updated Platform ID to 0x1916000 to get graphics acceleration work:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-installing-el-capitan-on-spectre-x360-skylake.186047/
got stuck at Brightness Fix,

I tried to apply brightness fix to DSDT.aml (compile error)
CKriqwo.png

after I removed if CondRefOf part, new error showed up
Vn0DViw.png

the I tried to apply brightness fix to SSDT-2 and SSDT-14(where I found GFX0 syntax)
after applying to SSDT-2, compiled success, and put it under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, but not work
(I've already put IntelBacklight.kext under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other)

then I tried to apply brightness fix to SSDT-14, and still compile error
RjwmmI1.png

Attached Files extract.zip is extract from system using patchmatic, and CLOVER.zip is from my EFI folder
And ioreg is also attached as well.
Thanks.

There is already an existing symbol named PNLF at root scope. The Store refers to that PNLF. But the PNLF device inserted by the "Brightness Fix" patch creates another PNLF symbol that is "easier" to reach from this Store due to its insertion into scope _SB.

Fix: Change 'Store (PNLF, LNSL)' to 'Store (\PNLF, LNSL)'. That way the Store refers to the original PNLF symbol at root scope.

Thank you so much Rhabman. It works now. =D

My trusty old Lenovo z710 has met El Capitan 10.11.5. It went much smoother than previous versions but three problems still persists. Graphics are registered as Intel 4600 but with 7 mb so flickering and no QE/CI, backlight does not work, on full all time and sound is not working. Wifi is fine via USB dongle.
Tried to re-use my old DSDT and SSDT files but they are probably not ok. Entering a FakeID for Intel then it stops on booting.
Will try again when my head is ready for more complicated trouble shooting but any tips would be nice to have.

My trusty old Lenovo z710 has met El Capitan 10.11.5. It went much smoother than previous versions but three problems still persists. Graphics are registered as Intel 4600 but with 7 mb so flickering and no QE/CI, backlight does not work, on full all time and sound is not working. Wifi is fine via USB dongle.
Tried to re-use my old DSDT and SSDT files but they are probably not ok. Entering a FakeID for Intel then it stops on booting.
Will try again when my head is ready for more complicated trouble shooting but any tips would be nice to have.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

Trying to follow the hd4600 guide but get lost, there are also some different ID's to try and when I test with
0x04128086 computer hangs on boot which might indicate that it is the correct one but the rest is not configured correctly,
can I post any troubleshooting files?

Hello RehabMan,

i successfully managed to disable my dedicated GTX660M and to inject my HD4000 on my laptop DSDT/SSDTs.

Now i cant get Brightness working. The Brightness Slyder is shown but has no effect on Brightness.

I tried everything i can do but no luck.

Please, can you have a look and maybe fix the problem? I dont know what i am doing wrong.

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

Problem fixed :headbang:

Last edited:
Back